F1 Going Green .....

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goodbye to the old days then! I hope the engines they produce will be as quick...

Spoke with my dad other day about this. Apprently they done it years back with 1.5 turbos. He said renault were the first to do this (dunno if true) but apparently they left the others for dead.

Good thing is all the money they pour into these engines will help better develop them for road use, too :D

renault were first to use turbo'd engines in F1 then they hit like 1500+ bhp. mad.
600 sounds good as evo 2lt lumps can do 1000bhp on racing fuel, but they drain petrol like made, over doing the 1.6 cold see it doing less mpg then the old V but would be cheaper to run i guess and make

Friedchicken91":i4nahfza said:
Spoke with my dad other day about this. Apprently they done it years back with 1.5 turbos. He said renault were the first to do this (dunno if true) but apparently they left the others for dead.

Yep, quite true - round about the late 1970s.

Ugly yellow and black things but went like sh*t off a shovel until they broke down. Nicknamed 'em "Tea Kettles" 'cos they brewed up the engines that often.

Drivers were Rene Arnoux and Jean-Pierre Jabouille (sp?) iirc.

Have a look on youtube, there're bound to be some vids of 'em :idea:

I think the black and gold is a good choice brings back the old skool F1 racing plus the car looks stunning

Agree with you there, mate.

Main difference is that in those days the sponsors were all tobacco companies...

...that and the safety. Remember Ronnie Peterson getting killed in one of those JPS Lotuses at Monza in 1978 - complications from multiple injuries (about 20 fractures of his legs iirc).

Thank God we haven't had a death in an F1 race for >15 years now - they used to be virtually every year back in those days.

Hmmm maybe a black and gold twingo or clio special edition?

did i read somewhere that they are going to limit the engine revs to something poo like 10rpm???
hope not as this will REALLY slow them down :(

Havent seen that yet but maybe i know the rear wings are going to have movement in them :( There just taking in good old racing days away from them