F1 take over bid

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pritchp

Reaction score
https://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13274848.stm

What does everyone think about this?

I feel it is completely wrong! Putting it on paid TV is a joke because in essence all TV is already paid for (TV license etc..) so by putting it on paid TV (sky) you lose some of your audience through pricing them out, very unhappy. I like the fact it is on the BBC and personally i think it should stay there!

Luckily i live at home at the moment (being 19 isnt all bad!) and my dad and i are big F1 fans so as a result if they did switch dad would get sky sports of whatever they put it on... but i just dont think its fair!

I've already lost out on watching the majority of the football as we currently dont have sky sports and its hardly ever on normal TV anymore.

Discuss.

RP = unhappy

we were talking about this at work today and i think it will put the final nail in the coffin of f1!!
which is a shame as i love f1 and this season seems to be getting better, in fact its the first season for ages i cant wait for the break to b over and get to turkey!!

i have sky so it should make no diff to me until they start charging you to watch it!!
but i just think that over the last few years they have lost lots of fans and are risking loosing alot more if this happens!

maybe if this does happen it will open the doors for touring cars to take the main stage!but thats a whole diff kettle of fish from f1

I personally think we should get the TV license abolished. BBC with the exception of a few good programmes (mainly nature-esq and unknown comedies) now produces absolute cack. Put adverts in it and make it part of a "package" if they have to charge. The BBC is like the Royal Family: forced on us.

im up for a protest on that!!
i dont really watch any of the cr*p on tv anymore and hate paying my licence for pretty much nothing!!

f1 is one of the very very few things i watch (espec on normal tv)

East-do-one-Enders is their "flagship" programme. Do I need to provide any further evidence?

I'm very against f1 going onto sky or any other paid tv. Would like it to stay very much where it is.

Do you remember when the F1 was on ITV and they stopped every 15min for a ad break. Talk about break the tension!

Al":2o1gxr7c said:
Do you remember when the F1 was on ITV and they stopped every 15min for a ad break. Talk about break the tension!

Of course. I was watching during the pre-itv BBC days :)

worst thing from itv is that they'd always promised (since 1997) to do picture in picture during the ad breaks, but never did.