F4RT Powered Alien

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_133

Reaction score
Many of you probably know about the alien green twingo that was started years ago with the intention of putting the 2.0 litre turbo engine in. As far as I'm aware the people doing it only got as far as bolting the engine in place, whether it was running I don't know..

I bought the car as a shell a couple months back and am working on getting it going again.

Everything for the conversion requires custom parts, driveshafts, mounts, exhaust, wiring loom, radiators, work to the subframe etc etc

I will be doing all the work myself, along with help from my dad and brother as we are all mechanics.

I do have the car running, but am getting inlet modified to fit twingo tb, driveshafts are almost done, wiring loom is almost done bar a tidy up, downpipe is made, subframe needs reinforcing and a dog mount bracket needs making up, possibly will make a front dog mount. Then will be coolant hoses and intercooler pipework.

Will try to update this as often as I can with pics

7937f8dacee5bf8e6f6cc28a9920c8da.jpg
7f5370ec6ffc847da8dcacec87ea4b5b.jpg

So this turned up yesterday, wiring it in today. Plan is to run standard ecu along with this also to make tuning just a little bit easier.

d66b455f7e6ae305d0cb31da4eb5b373.jpg

Temporary driveshafts should be done this week also. Still waiting on inlet as the person who's making an adapter has been busy lately.

Finally got the inlet and driveshafts back today, put all of it back together. Shafts fit great, will send them off and get custom one piece ones made after.

5ce3bd7ae199b57d7a99ccf20c250f2f.jpg
33f58321a856675e2e2951038466fdb5.jpg

Tried to start with the AEM FIC6 connected, but looked like it wasn't fueling, disconnected the wires to it and the engine started, idling very nice.

Also made up a pipe for the clutch, as twingo one is different and standard megane one is too long.

Next step will hopefully be wiring in the FIC and get it working properly, and then reinforcing the subframe. Also will need to sort a radiator out, got all coolant hoses I need.

I will leave a few bits for when I bring the car onto the ramp such as dog mount and gear linkage as it will simply be more accessible.

30113e730fe2f44863ce8f2b14437920.jpg

Car now runs quite well on the AEM FIC, sorted out issues with map sensor, fuels well and getting the readings I need from it.

Test fitted the slam panel, had to modify the inlet and turn throttle round as it was hitting. But now fits snug.

Managed to weld the subframe up as it needed modifying to fit the 2.0 lump. Just need to add bracket for dogmount.

Coolant bottle from a megane just about fits behind the headlight, will need to modify that a bit too, or maybe get a different one. Standard twingo one is no good as it hits inlet. Got a slimline fan on order as there's little room between crash support and engine/gearbox.

Not been working on it much as have been prepping my other twingo for FCS a little bit.

Good work mate, will this car make next year's fcs?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Hoping to get it on the road later this year yes, so will definitely be attending FCS next year in it. Hopefully get to some other meets this year too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be interesting to see how it handles with the extra weight in the front. It's a fantastic project and good luck with everything.

Been a little while since I gave an update!

Been busy this weekend.

Lowered the car to the floor to make sure driveshafts and everything still fitted once the pressure was on springs etc
f162b5c1f5a8a53686053e9cef16f650.jpg
0ba8ae1ac63197dc1bd6d24a9caf555e.jpg

Sat nice with still quite an arch gap, will more than likely get a nice set of coilovers for it after.

After lowering it down I then took it back up.

Leading to this

884958edac41b69979df3e1dfb71517e.jpg

Decided to finally start tidying the whole engine up, while doing this I noticed there was a lot of play in the cold side of the turbo. Great. Luckily my brother had his R26 engine still from a car he broke.

52261efbda1bf9ff635e003c3923e02c.jpg

Swapped over the turbo and the exhaust manifold.

Made up a brake pipe from master cylinder to ABS pump to give more room for decat. Definitely needed otherwise pipe off turbo would be too small for big power.

Managed to get all engine parts such as inlet/mounts/gearbox etc painted. Fitted new water pump, waiting for proper Renault sealant to seal the cam box back down and then I'll fit the new timing belt I got.

Also an update on brakes, test fitted the megane brembos to the twingo. Need to get these painted soon aswell.

b88e6b60ac644cb58be931a81c5b0c84.jpg

They fit nicely, keeping 280mm discs and will need ET37 or below wheels I believe. People might think it's 'overkill' but hoping for around 250bhp so I'd say it's necessary.

Not too much left for this now, been in contact with the person who's going to map it for me.

Hopefully have some more updates soon.

TrickyDick":24qnp8cx said:
Dave_133":24qnp8cx said:
People might think it's 'overkill' but hoping for around 250bhp so I'd say it's necessary.

250bhp? Absolutely necessary

Hoping for a figure somewhere in this region, depends how well the ecu handles it all to be honest. Lots of supporting mods to go with the engine too.

3f3e989deb2e83ed1d455082e39274ff.jpg
f0264166140f12ba4de73179aebc57ad.jpg
4baf5065b94f75bbc6a2a0be789648d6.jpg

Few bits turned up today, decat might need modifying a bit still to fit in the gap. But hoping the pipe I made for master cylinder gives me the clearance. Also will heat wrap it.

Got a 75 degree thermostat to help keep things cool in the engine bay too

Fitted a new cambelt to the engine, got an alternator belt fitted.

Heat wrapped exhaust cat and put wrap on the bulkhead.

Then got the engine mounted back into the bay and bled the clutch through. Hoping this was the last time the engine had to come out now

f2170fb1959370e0d2da33b18078d4ed.jpg
98160b57b1fd6e4f33be14e7303793d6.jpg

Been a bit of a tedious job today, but completely finished the loom off. Everything is now in the right place with some cables extended and different connectors soldered in.

0d01c99c3172e109e035b1d67c329a47.jpg

Really happy with how it all sits and looks now, just need to run coolant hoses from bottle back to radiator and make intercooler pipes up once radiator is in final position. Then need exhaust from cat back.

Driveshafts have been sent off and I'm waiting for custom one piece ones to be made and then sent back to me