Facelift Questions

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiobull

Reaction score
I need for my 2012 facelift. Sorry for the numbers but it might be easier and if you only know one answer then that will still help massively.

1=New wings - are the wings the same on all the Mk2s or were the wings changed for the 2012 facelift? It looks pretty close to the same.
2=Wings - is a wing on an rs the same as on any other model?
3=is the bonnet the same on a 2012 facelift then another mk2?
4= is the crash bars / crossmembers behind the bumper the same or do I need specific mk2 facelift parts?
5= were any 2012 facelift None rs models made?

Again sorry about the numbers and hopefully someone knows some answers. I am a new owner so am trying my best to learn about these great little go carts.

Yes you can get non rs face-lift cars. Not sure on your question number 4 (would need a dealership part codes to work out) Wings and bonnet will probably be different.

Answers based on owning both variants.

1. Wings the same on original mk2 and facelift
2. Wings the same across all models - (Note the sill on the RS is narrow at front wheel arch and then accentuates outwards to join in with the rear wheel arch which is enlarged.)
3. Bonnet the same on original mk2 and facelift, and across all models
I double checked on eBay search 'twingo facelift' for confirmation - wing and bonnet available.

4. Dunno, but i'd strongly suspect they are the same.
5. Yes, as Miller says above.

Hope that helps.

Thanks guys much appreciated. I have now stripped it back and ordered new chassis panels from Renault so will get the old ones cut and removed and the new ones welded in. It is only the small crumple section behind the bumper so nothing serious at all. Am keeping all parts genuine Renault.

I have found some wings in white. I guess all twingo whites were the same white?

Just to update.
There is only one white in the Twingo range which is Glacier white.

I have just got some standard front wings but they do not fit and match up. The rs models have a much more pronounced wide arch and there is a specific step and cut out for the side skirt on the front wings.
If someone has a set of gordini rs front wings or if anyone spots some for sale please let me know ;)

I have also just had a new cut section from a standard twingo front crash bar and arms and they are identical.