Fitting 205/50/15's on Std Gt 15 inch Alloys

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigsmiffy

Reaction score
Checked on Rolling circumference & that's fine, almost identical

Anyone done this & any rubbing/contact issues?

Regards

Tom

if we round up and say 25mm is an inch to make it easy to calculate then how many 25's are in 185? (185 / 55 / 15) it's around 7 near enough. the rim of the GT is 6.5 inches wide which is ...you can see where i'm going, 195 is the upper limit which you can go. i wouldn't bother with 205's because your sidewall will be the equivelant of stretched, exept inwards. you can try it if you wan't though lol.

I had 205 / 40 / 17 on mine

But I had aftermarket wheels don't know about on standard wheels

luke your wheels are 7'', so 205 will be the higher standard size for your wheels

205 on a 6.5 wide alloy? Major lolz

Surely the alloys will just disappear into a black hole?

markhardy":24nsvmwz said:
205 on a 6.5 wide alloy? Major lolz

Surely the alloys will just disappear into a black hole?
6.5" is in the middle of the range for 205/50/15, quoted by most manufacturers.

Its certainly no more stupid than stretching a 195/40/17 onto a 7" wide rim. Now, I wonderwho does that :lol:

I've got 195s on at set of 6.5" wheels as they're fine I reckon you'd be well within your boundaries to put 205s on them

bit of an update, i have no idea why i believed GT wheels are 6.5'' lol. had a look today at the rim itself, they're actually 6'' so 205's would leave an inch of rubber protruding from each side and that's a lot of tyre. a 205 would not be as stable as a 185 due to the angle of the sidewall, wont be allowed to flex as much. a 185 with a great compound will be vastly superior in grip / traction to a fairly good compound in a 205 :)

Well I've put the 205 Toyo's on the back, I thought from the "wheels and tyres - What sizes work" the originals were 6.5J wide & didn't check but it seems they are only 6J Wide so this needs changing by a mod, if I'd known that I probably would have kept to the standard sizes but on the plus side they look better, the ride seems better & not so skitty, they are a bit bulbous which will stop the daughter from kerbing the rims.

On the minus side she wont get the fastest time at Nürburgring for a 1.2 GT due to sidewall flex but for the road they'll be fine & must be better then the Chinese Budgets I took off & at £65 a corner fitted at Blackboots Chesham they were a bargain

Thanks for your input guys

Regards

Tom

Ive just amended the width for the GT. Sorry it was wrong, but I would have copied it over from another post and, not having a GT I wouldnt have been able to cross check it personally.