Ford sues Ferrari

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really it's their trademarked name, companies spend millions in creating a brand why should they have it diluted or confused with another product....

The only brand I know off the top of my head that has multiple TM's with multiple companies is Polo.

Ben that's exactly what I was about to say. They own the rights so they should sue.

I would under stand if it wasnt a race car not like there going to make money out of it. If they was selling the race car to people then i would say yes sue them but as they wont be its a bit petty

That's not the point the point is they've TM'd a name how would you like it if you TM'd something then someone else names something completely diff and makes money off 'your' name.....?

TM's are there to protect companies and their intellectual properties (tho that's a slightly diff legal arena)

If you actually read the article properly it outlines the basis for the case, one of the points is my point (that I made even before reading the link myself).

I did read the whole thing properly!

Im just putting my opinion across. If they was making money on the name yes i would be pissed off but its kinda advertisemnt for yourselfs in a wird way if someone searchs the net for the F150 but find the 4x4 instead.

Ferrari should've done their research first. Hope Ford sue the pants off 'em

Once again it shows up Ferrari's pretentions to be a super-tight professional outfit coming unstuck - just like the car trailing half the refuelling rig down the pit lane.

gavin-h":17exwzef said:
Ferrari should've done their research first. Hope Ford sue the pants off 'em

Once again it shows up Ferrari's pretentions to be a super-tight professional outfit coming unstuck - just like the car trailing half the refuelling rig down the pit lane.

Yea but to be fair do you really think Ferrari are going to miss that bit of money ?

Matt":38t7fc0e said:
Ok so what if Fiat made a race car called a Twingo... then you'd understand :)

Yes they would be hung :lol:

I get your point but Matt the Twingo is a race car the R2 ? so then there would be a case

I think it's fair to say you don't understand trademarks and their meaning to companies.....

No i do understand trademarks and there meanings. I just dont see the big who har to be fair the Ford truck is a F-150 not a F150 like what Ferrari want to call there F1 car so there spelt to different ways due to the - so shouldnt really matter i tryed finding the logo but no luck as also if the logo isnt the same then nor is the trade mark

Their reason for the logo is it looked too similar. Go on Crash.net there's a lot better written story on there about this (and the BBC)

I said meanings to companies, that's a lot more [to the companies] than the legal meaning. ;) :)

Now looking at crash.net it makes more sense but still cant find pictures of the logo to see how close they are to each other :lol: