Found a old reading

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Was looking at at things on my old GT on another forum and came cross this again. How i miss this car :lol:

Twingo with just exhaust, panel filter

Engine power (measured) 111.8 hp @ 84mph
Wheel Power (measured) 87.6 hp @ 84 mph
Power losses (measured) 24.3 hp @ 84 mph
Engine power (corrected) 116.5 hp @ 84mph
Torque (corrected) 114 lbs/ft @ 2973
Pressure / temp (standard) 952mbar / 8*c

Twingo including map

Engine power (measured) 118.1 hp @ 81 mph
Wheel Power (measured) 95.5 hp @ 81 mph
Power losses (measured) 22.7 hp @ 81 mph
Engine power (corrected) 123.0 hp @ 81mph
Torque (corrected) 136lbs/ft @ 4016
Pressure / temp (standard) 953 mbar / 8*c

Hey Karl, I've just had a look at these figures... Power losses? 24 and 22 bhp
I don't understand it the rest of the figures are higher? :?

No I get that, that's awesome. But whats the figure label Power Losses, if the rest has increased? That just throws me off.

TripNip":21vndtk7 said:
No I get that, that's awesome. But whats the figure label Power Losses, if the rest has increased? That just throws me off.
I think it's the difference between engine power and power at the wheels (calculated, not exact).

u will prob find that if u take the engine power and then take away the power at the wheels then the figure u are left with is the power loss ;)
in other words the power that has been lost thro transmission etc

That makes perfect sense. Thanks very much for clearing that up... Looks like I need a panel filter, exhaust and remap then... :lol:

dont supose u had a print out of it standard by any chance??????

id love to see a print out from a standard car and then the same car with just the filter changed to see the diff (if any)
karl u need to sort out the RR day ..............

Twingogeekeo":21ehi009 said:
I tryed but couldnt get the numbers :(

im off to our local,freindly RR this weekend so il see if he fancies doin a small private sess if not many peeps fancy it,
cant hurt to ask

TURBO":2yqkqnm1 said:
Twingogeekeo":2yqkqnm1 said:
I tryed but couldnt get the numbers :(

im off to our local,freindly RR this weekend so il see if he fancies doin a small private sess if not many peeps fancy it,
cant hurt to ask

Sounds good i want to get mine on the rollers so would be a good meet

Doing a rolling road day with a 306 Gti 6 forum lot on the 12th, I think the more number the cheaper. I can ask if I can bring more guys along

Twingogeekeo":2936gk1z said:
Where is it ?

well seeing as there pug gti's i guess they will have to b local as most of them will b in limp home mode after being on the rollers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We starting at lakeside then driving there. I don't think it's far... Aprrently its the most accurate in England... I'll find out more about it. And get back to you.

And P.S Pugs are legendary, want one so bad, almost bought one but the insurance would have been 6k... and for a 1k car thats a bit much...