front disks

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matbry01

Reaction score
whats the best to go for ? i am after vented if poss and maybe upgraded pads :) ?

The fronts are vented as standard, you will be after groved perhaps? Depends on your budget. Also don't forget the added noise of groved discs Ive used ebc drilled and groved and red stuff pads on my old st and they worked well enough.

brembo maxed groove. lasted me over 25k miles and doesnt show a sign of ware and tear. quick to cool down on the track with some good brake fluid.

Twingogeekeo":3vqif6nr said:
I wouldnt by drilled they can crack easyier when hot
Thats why ebc only dimple them as aposed to fully drilling them.

Truthfully unless you're gonna be a proper track monster the standard discs are very much up to anything you can chuck at it. Al IIRC runs standard discs and he's had no issues.

The 'better' thing to do is run a better pad, Ferodo / Mintex etc the discs will cope with fast road driving easily and many TD's

My 2p....

if your discs need changing go for it, but main thing firstly would be ditch that good aweful brake fluid for somethings better incase a track day pops up in your weekly attivities.

I cant fault the 133s brakes all i have done it put goodridge hoses on to lose the little brake fade i had here and there

i've had the case were the discs became wraped and grooved yet the pads were only 20% worn. ktec and renault couldnt work it out lol. if you do go aftermarket you'll at least know they'll be able to handle harder compounds when they come out and if there grooved you'll have a piece of mind on the with the heat being taken care of.
and at least theres a few of them out there as any 1*2 front discs will fit on

orbital":y5vu88bh said:
and at least theres a few of them out there as any 1*2 front discs will fit on

Are you POSITIVE the Front Discs for the 1.2 are the same size?
I've been looking at Dixel Discs from Japan, great reputation from my Swift Sport mates.

Heard great reviews of the Tarox F2000, if you can get them at a decent price.
They ignored me about getting some Tarox Comp. pads made up for the 133.

Twingogeekeo":2bky8zwm said:
The front discs are off a 172/182

ktec did the test fitting on mine with 1*2's to see if they would need any adjusting as the 133 uses different calips but is was all gravy and fitted a treat :) with no porblems after 25k+ miles running them

The OEM numbers on the front discs are the same on the 172/182 and the rears are a Megane 2 1.6

Hmm dunno then sometimes breaking at speed it feels as if it doesn't break as well as they would cold of you know what I mean.

matbry01":ftk5vgud said:
Hmm dunno then sometimes breaking at speed it feels as if it doesn't break as well as they would cold of you know what I mean.

Just sounds like Fade to me..
Get some decent High BP Fluid - don't be fooled by "Dot" Numbers, I.e Dot 5.1 being better than 4, some Dot 4 Fluids have better Boiling Points than Dot 5.1.
Throw in Some Braided Lines too - Eliminates some of the spongyness by having less give than the rubber lines.

You might want to invest in some grooved discs, just to sweep the pad surface. Grooved Discs do MUNCH standard pads though.

M

Don't go grooved or drilled, waste of time/money. You don't need them on a city sized car, it's only a 1600cc engine producing 130bhp-ish, it's not some race bred born racer that needs to stop on a sixpence!!

Anyways, as said, drilled, if pushed, will crack. Grooved, will munch through pads.

Best bet, Brembo HC discs with Frodo (Ferodo lol) DS pads!! Get those and with a set of braided lines and fresh brake fluid, that is all you need up front, if you want to change your brake set up. Though as said again, the current set up is more than up for the job, really is no need to swap them unless you want the bling factor look through your alloys!!