GruppeM "ram" airbox?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1975DCS

Reaction score
Is was reading an old BMW Performance and one of the crew members had a airbox fitted of GruppeM on his Z3 M. They did a dyno before and after the installation and there were very nice results after the GruppeM, with the entire curve being better. And we're not talking about an asthmatic engine and airbox as standard as I believe it has ITB's as standard? It seems GruppeM is about the holy grail, supplying kits to (or for) Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini's... So I asked them if they did a kit for the Twingo RS or could make one. And yes the can, if there is an order for at least 10 pcs, but unfortunatly I off, as the kit cost an estimated $ 1.450,00 and I've just spend a lot of cash on maintenance, cosmetics and mapping. I don't know if the developments of the kit includes dyno testing to make sure it does deliver power and torque for the money...

Still don't think there is anything up with the standard setup plus a good air filter

There is nothing wrong with the K4M RS aka Twingo RS engine, but it doesn't have the same power per liter output as the F4R 832 aka Clio RS engine. There must be something different, except for the CR (11.0:1 versus 11.5:1), maybe the inlet and exhaust? So maybe an clever airbox could be a part that works?

head work will give you over 10bhp if you've got over a grand for the work. exit ports are in need of work.
so far my lovely sounding very expensive exhaust system isn't being stretched to far, even the stock infact. was the first thing noted by exhaust company when they did the work. "get exit ports ported"
-more air in, more air needs to leave quicker-
porting the inlet manifold may give you some gains with a remap as there is some stepping like the 1*2 had.