gt exhaust silencer

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonsgareth

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has removed the silencer from their exhaust? If so how hard to do was it and what difference it made to the exhaust tone?
thanks guys!

hi gareth mate, welcome to the forum!

there is only one silencer on the gt exhaust which is the backbox itself. you can get a good idea of what a straight through system sounds like on a GT (i just have a fujitsubo jap can on my GT)
[youtube]k8KlWL7NOwg[/youtube]

I had the only silencer removed from my GT and it wasn't that loud and sounds abit like a tractor sometimes, better of getting a custom silencer made up

Brad133":ihmqmju4 said:
I had the only silencer removed from my GT and it wasn't that loud and sounds abit like a tractor sometimes, better of getting a custom silencer made up

silencer? do you mean backbox? am i having one of those days again lol

oscar":2ldo1f0y said:
Brad133":2ldo1f0y said:

silencer? do you mean backbox? am i having one of those days again lol
No your right I meant back box haha

oscar":2ewwdd51 said:
hi gareth mate, welcome to the forum!

there is only one silencer on the gt exhaust which is the backbox itself. you can get a good idea of what a straight through system sounds like on a GT (i just have a fujitsubo jap can on my GT)
[youtube]k8KlWL7NOwg[/youtube]

Cheers man, sounds decent, I'm not looking for a loud sound to be honest, just a bit more grumbly than the standard haha, you reckon removing the silencer would do that?

only if you replace it with something that still offers up some silencing yes, whereas mines is near enough straight through and is pretty loud especially when in boost and at wide open throttle

oscar":2al4lt5r said:
only if you replace it with something that still offers up some silencing yes, whereas mines is near enough straight through and is pretty loud especially when in boost and at wide open throttle

Okay, excuse my French, but I remove the silencer it's gunna be loud as **** then?

dragonsgareth":3m2449kn said:
oscar":3m2449kn said:

Okay, excuse my French, but I remove the silencer it's gunna be loud as f**k then?
It really isn't that loud mate but doesn't make the best of sounds, get a custom back box

[youtube]-TR6GSfkU0E[/youtube]

mike cut his backbox of his gt and had a set of exhaust tips welded on, upto you wether or not you like the sound. sounds quite good to me :D but i suppose i like an exhaust you can hear

Oh my I love that sound! Lol theres a better video somewhere on here that I took im my garage. Could possibly be in my progress thread or youtube. Il have a look for it later if I get time.

mikehealy5":g10o1mp9 said:
Oh my I love that sound! Lol theres a better video somewhere on here that I took im my garage. Could possibly be in my progress thread or youtube. Il have a look for it later if I get time.

i seen it last night browsing your youtube :D underneath video? sounds very aggressive. if that's what a tractor sounds like then i'm phoning john deer up tomorrow to order one lol

ps : kik me! fcworks content ;)

oscar":18kp86pk said:

mike cut his backbox of his gt and had a set of exhaust tips welded on, upto you wether or not you like the sound. sounds quite good to me :D but i suppose i like an exhaust you can hear

I know this topic is a year old but, is this sound with only the backbox removed and tips welded on?

Twingogtmaniac":2240hq5z said:
oscar":2240hq5z said:

I know this topic is a year old but, is this sound with only the backbox removed and tips welded on?

This isn't actually. It's a custom 2.25" stainless steel straight pipe from the cat. I believe it cost mike (different mike, same exhaust) £140 new.

https://youtu.be/D7wnxDHbIdg
This is another video

And yeah it was a cat back custom made for £140. Wasn't stainless tho just mild steel. Stainless was a lot more expensive lol was also running a ASH mushroom filter and a good cold air feed. (All can be seen in my progress thread)