GT - How to change Spark Plugs

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEOX5000

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got what may seem a very silly question, how do you change the spark plugs on a gt and whats tools do I need?

Tried all of my spark plug sockets but none fit in hole that drops down to the plug!

I have looked at the Gt maintenance page, but am still learning and didn't quite understand!

Please Help!!!!

Many Thanks,
Frankie

deep 14mm socket as above then a telescopic magnet to remove or just stick the coil back down to pull it out!

they must be torqued up properly as Renaults are bad for blowing plugs out the head, cant remember the torque figure off the top of my head, I done a 172 today and it was 25nm so id imagine the twingo is the same but id double check, it may be in my old project thread as I did get the figure when changing mine

I bought the exact plug removal tool as indicated on here and it doesn't fit. A deep 14mm doest fit either. So not sure what size plugs this twingo takes but they look minute. Seems there are 2 variants of the 1.2 petrol motor