Guide - Fitting Lowering Springs

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know the best cheapest place get them from? Seen some like £70 for the set of like £30 for 2

Twingoroe":fv1jmiss said:
You know the best cheapest place get them from? Seen some like £70 for the set of like £30 for 2

Again like with anything you get what you pay for

H&R springs / Eibach are the best.

Others may mess up your damping rates

Twingoroe":3kne47l7 said:
Sorry i ment the spacers. I have the springs already

I'd recommend hub centric spacers with extended bolts, there's not too many makers of these any eBay specials should do the trick

Great guide @singlespeed. Helped me diagnose a creak on my little daily 1.2GT last night! I know this is an old post now but does anybody have pictures of a lowered GT, i want to fit lowering springs as the standard front springs have both snapped and it just makes sense to lower it whilst I’m at it.... but don’t want to slam it, just lower it slightly. A lot of the kits are over 30mm lowered and that just sounds too much! Any pictures and kit recommendations with a 25/30 drop?

Best off asking on Facebook for pictures if you're on there. 30mm won't be too much, should give a nice ride height even for daily use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Dave... i'm in Sunny Norfolk too! I'll have a look on facebook... I don't want to get laughed off the group with our Twingo GT :) Gone for some 30mm Drop H and R's!

Great guide - I've got an additional step for rear springs for Renault Wind owners.

There's additional bracing running from the mid-rear to each side of the car, which blocks the rear beam from coming down far enough to install/remove the springs. You'll need a T50 torx bit to get them off, 8 bolts total and mine were pretty damn tight.