Halfrauds

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
How oh how oh how can Halfords put velcro on the shelf at £7.99. Luckly working in the motor trade i have a trade card from halfords and that brings them down to £2.99.

How can they charge so much if there was to be no discount?

Try 9.99 for masking tape!! Halfords are under the impression that the majority of the general public know nothing about any of the products they sell. Therefore charge what they like lol

Even though it's the other way around and it's their staff that know naff all!

Max":awbwycnu said:
Try 9.99 for masking tape!! Halfords are under the impression that the majority of the general public know nothing about any of the products they sell. Therefore charge what they like lol

Even though it's the other way around and it's their staff that know naff all!

Agree you talk to the guys in the stores and they know jack all. Then again the customer services is top class helped me a few times as the guys in store are so useless

Yeah some of the stuff in there is massively expensive but as mentioned they prey on people thinking that it's a normal price because they know nothing about cars or anything to do with them. :(

I find their 3 for 3 offers on Autoglym stuff pretty handy and I will pop in there for bits and pieces but that's it. I wouldn't trust them for advice on actually buying anything though.

I bought a set of alloy wheels from them, only cheap and was told 'they'll fit your car'. Why the f*ck did I listen to them.

I knew a good tyre fitting place so rather than fanny about doing it myself, drove there a couple of days later and asked them to swap the wheels over. Surprise, surprise they didn't fit, totally incorrect offset and the rears wouldn't turn without touching the inner arches.

This tyre place was over the road from the tyre place but not the Halfords branch I'd bought them from. I ended up having an argument with the manager as he initially refused to refund me because it was a different branch. Didn't grasp the concept that Halfords is Halfords and it was Halfords that sold me the wrong wheels, therefore I was entitled to my money back. Eventually he gave in but was a total c*nt about it and expected me to drive nearly 40 minutes back to the other branch to return them!!!

Twingogeekeo":2x5sq81f said:
How oh how oh how can Halfords put velcro on the shelf at £7.99. Luckly working in the motor trade i have a trade card from halfords and that brings them down to £2.99.

How can they charge so much if there was to be no discount?

please dont tell me your car is held together with velcro!!! :lol: :lol:
i cant belive a trade card can bring the price down that much!!

Nope number plates are tho so i and change my road plates and show plates around :)

are good thinking!!!
im loving the pics with the new show plates btw

:) thanks mate just hope no one up my road relises or i might have no plates in the moaning. They do a spot on job even been roving them when cleaning the car :)