Hard Intake Pipes

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmatt

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was looking at relocating my Intake to the other side (left side if looking at the front of the car) of the radiator.

It's a HKS Mushroom filter and I'd like to sort out Hard Aluminium induction Pipes for it but would ideally like the ally pipes to be in one piece, i.e: Straight sections welded to bends with a silicone connector at the throttle body.

So...does anyone know of any good places that can/will do welding on relatively thin bore aluminium intake pipes? (would be used for Intercooler piping anyway)

Cheers

M

Any custom exhaust place should be able to supply and weld for you.

I was considering something similar though on the other side.

second what karl and matt said.
straight and rammed effect or 45bends instead of 90s. do not use any thing less then 76mm piping. no problem with stock had 76mm induction piping but the rest was 60mm odd so makes the system 60mm overall.
on the left side you have the rad bottle blocking the way mind. and looks lacking but wrap the metal pipes in reflective old tape from demontweeks or something.

You can pick up heat reflective tape rolls in Halfords and it's the same stuff so maybe same some pennies there.

The ideal location would be where the battery is. You can get a feed into there and it's as straight as possible (bends = bad).

What I was considering was going down below where the standard induction is and having a scoop under the car but one puddle = engine full of water lol.

Was thinking about powder coating or some kevlar looking heat wrap for it, can't find the link right now.

I think some mocking up and plans shall be made....

M

ive spent to much time and effort on the induction lol. has done my head in.
since it isnt turbo'd you could just use silicon piping/bends with alu joins. least they order slightly better thermal induction

Anyone know off the top of their head, what Diameter the throttle body is on the RS?

EDIT: Also, what is the line that comes out the back of the intake pipe? Is it Vacuum or Breather (or is that the same thing on modern cars......)

Cheers
M

breather, got mine on a catch tank, seems to kick in a bit of oil on track.
piping is 76mm that attaches onto the throttle body. the bodie size is about 65mm

orbital":zt2nt9cn said:
breather, got mine on a catch tank, seems to kick in a bit of oil on track.
piping is 76mm that attaches onto the throttle body. the bodie size is about 65mm

Perfect, I was planning on catch tanking mine too.
Is the 65mm the OD of the TB? (bl**dy abreviations!)

Cheers

M

65mm was the butterfly. theres images on ToC of the throttle taken out. bit weird that the throttle is smaller then the tubing going into it

Ram effect compression possibly?
More air going into a smaller area, might either create more turbulence or compress the air, making it more dense.