Hazard Lights not turning off when locking car

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yesfan

Reaction score
When the car (Gordini 133) is locked via the fob, the hazards flash as usual then dont stop flashing. Unlocking the car doesnt stop them only pressing the hazard button stops them. If I lock the car using the passenger side door lock, they dont activate. Sounds like an alarm issue possibly?

Have checked the obvious things:

Checked hazard switch is functioning properly
Turned off the inerior sensors, this didnt stop it
Checked the door, bonnet switches. All ok
Disconnected the battery for a few hours just in case something needed reseting (hope), didnt work

Looking for the best place to start troubleshooting, want to avoid taking it in to a dealer as I dont have the endless pot of cash it would probably need to find this electrical fault. Any advice will be a help.

Update: Using the fob, if I lock, unlock then lock again, the hazard lights stop?! After about 30mins the hazards start again. The fob wont stop them still and the alarm went off when I opened the door. Couldnt stop it, not even when the key was in the ignition and the engine was running. Pulled the 5a fuse in the end and that seemed to work but didnt solve the problem. Could it be the UCH/BCM?

UPDATE: Hopefully adding progress updates will help others in the future, when I fix it anyway. Started thinking a poor power supply would definitely affect the performance of the alarm system so did a more detailed check on the battery, couldnt remember ever changing it, it is currently a renault branded FIAMM which may still be the original fitted battery (12 years old ffs). Left overnight then tested, voltage was just 12.4, 14.1v on idle and about 9v on crank. New battery ordered and will update once arrived, fitted and tested.

Last edited: