Heater not working and coolant loss

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ

Reaction score
Just bought a 2009 RS 133 (luckily with a warranty) and my heater has started blowing cold. Seem to be loosing coolant somdwjere too, any ideas?

I suspect a stuck thermostat perhaps? I'm not massively competent but could probably manage to fix it if anyone here has any ideas as to the problem?

Thanks in advance

TJ

Defo sounds like it could be thermastat mate. Also if its looseing some coolent check the under the carpets they can leak at the heater matrix. Are we takling alot of coolent here ? Checked for any obvious leaks. The coolent tank can crack also,worth haveing a check of all pipes etc. Have the belts etc water pump been changed. Is the front coolent hose getting hot at all after a decent drive? If not the thermastats not working.

Thanks for your reply, I'll check the front coolant hose after its next drive.

I've checked everywhere I can for any leaks as best I can but I think I need to take the bumper off to check properly!

Regarding the amount... Roughly around 500ml over 150 miles, can't see any obvious patches left under the car on the driveway or anything!

I'll also check under the carpets, thank you very much for your help!