Help needed

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miller

Reaction score
I've ordered some new Brembo Max discs for the front of mine, but anyone got any recommendations for pads?

Also thinking of changing the suspension. At the moment it's non cup on apex springs. Thinking coilovers if they will improve the ability to ride the bumps better. An advice?

I’ve had EBC green stuff pads in my other twingo since I’ve owned it, they’ve felt good on the pedal and stopped well. I don’t think there’s a great choice of options out there for the calipers. You can swap to the 182 calipers though if needed as there’s a wider choice for them.

Depends what coil overs you get really, might end up making the ride harder!

Thanks Dave I was looking at the green and yellow stuff pads tbh Did look at 2500 but a lot more ££.

I don't mind the hardness of the ride, but coming from the Trophy I just find the 133 short of travel.
But was looking at the B14 kit or maybe the lower BC set.

Couldn’t find any 2500 for the twingo myself when I was looking before!

Both the Bilsteins and the BC’s have good reviews though so either one you go for you’re good with.

Yeah I've found them listed for front and rear ktec and kamracing have the fronts demon tweeks have the rears.

I'm just looking it to it may do it in a few months along with a rear anti roll bar.

Ah okay, I’ll be going for Mintex 1144 myself, not sure if they’re available or not. I think the 2500 have to get a bit more heat in them before they start to work.

I’ll be going for a rear ARB soon too

I’m not entirely sure yet, do you know the difference other than the price? Haha

Yeah same job different ways and the PMS kit is a lovely bit of engineering and also more discreet.
I've ordered some yellow stuff pads today.

I have the PMS ARB on my RS133. Slightly more involving to get it fitted but I cannot fault it - ran soft for a few months and now on permanent medium - never tried firm (yet). The PMS seems to get the performance nod over the Whiteline, which I've not tried. I also have a new set of discs and pads to fit all round (OEM pads, OEM rear discs, Brembo HC front discs) but I'll leave these until summer. Need to get some coilovers soon - got the Spax front lowering springs on ATM with the Cup Renault rear springs - terrible combination (wallowing around bends, nosedives under braking) and I will go back to Cup all round once I've tried the Spax on the rear too. I just like the stance - my ph2 is a lot higher at the front with Cuop springs all round...

How long did it take to fit in the end? Looking forward to the brakes getting done just needs a bit more initial bite. That's a bit strange but then the space will be softer than the cup springs. I don't mind the ride stiffness just the travel or lack of it is unable to deal with bumps well.

You may find that that getting a Twingo to handle bumps will need a lot better suspension than just a set of springs. Also the rear beam is a bit weak and could do with strengthening.
Also arb's may work on a track but on a b road may not help but depends on what your doing I suppose.

About two hours to fit the PMS ARB. Just make sure to support equally the body, wheel and rear beam off the ground simultaneously and fitting is very simple really. It's probably the best handling modification I've done and was only £185.

Well all my brakes turned up. So got the Brembo Max discs EBC Yellow Stuff pads and some custom Yellow braided brake lines all fitted today at work. Pedal has a much better feel to it, even on the short drive home.