Hi all tce owner looking for more...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for advice on the tce engine,

Car is lowered 40mm,
Itc panel filter,
Bailey dump valve
Power flow exhaust from down pipe back,
25 and 20 mm spacers too.

I'm meeting with power speed this week to discuss a custom made manifold with a larger turbo flange maybe t20 or t25 also a larger front mount intercooler

My plans are as follows

Front mount,
Custom fanimold for new angry snail...
New turbo
Port polish inlet fanimold
Injectors
Modal oil cooler,
Big brakes
Remap or new ecu..

What do you think?.. What has been done before on the tce???
:D

Thanks

Sounds good mate! Mine isnt a turbo but done some stuff to do with styling..
Check out the progress threads!

It's compulsory to put pics up ;) you've already done some great mods!

I believe the current modded GT's are getting around 140bhp max with new air filter, exhaust, bigger injectors, fmic and a remap. But the I think the weak link is the fuel pump which is maxing out around the 140bhp mark

With those your gonna need new fuel lines and new fuel pump. They can only handle 150. Standard internals? Your running high risk tbh. Bigger turbo more boost, better internals. When was at RS tuning, they advised not to be running more than 1.2bar. Constantly running near 1.2bar your gonna have yourself a problem... I'd also go bigger rad too... Don't want your water boiling like mad

You'll need a bigger fuel pump massive injectors and a beastly clutch.

Might be worth looking into megane RS fuel pump and injectors to see if they fit as they cope with 225bhp standard as for the clutch I'm unsure what other cars share the same part.

Clip 182 injectors and the standard fuel pump max out at 140bhp.

Should be a good build if this all goes through ;)

EDIT: I think wossner would make forged pistons for the TCE which will also be needed as Renault don't over engineer their engines too well.

There are not any other clutchs that run the same, I've been through nearly everything to see what can get, clutchs will line up and fit but slave cylinder won't.

Jjay":tf8ihiza said:
With those your gonna need new fuel lines and new fuel pump. They can only handle 150. Standard internals? Your running high risk tbh. Bigger turbo more boost, better internals. When was at RS tuning, they advised not to be running more than 1.2bar. Constantly running near 1.2bar your gonna have yourself a problem... I'd also go bigger rad too... Don't want your water boiling like mad

Emailing omega this week regards forged pistons they only sell 12 at a time though!!!! Con rods are the problem... So looking into internals ATM but nomone is really helpful tbh.... Power speed seem keen to help and do loads of bespoke cars. Fanimolds exhausts and can do intercooler also...

Yep would like to know what fuel pump can be put in, ideally from another car rather than walbro etc, Turbo wanted to still be low boost but look bigger and sit nice on a sexy fanimold.... Eye candy engine bay :) Company in Southampton do copper custom rads so nom problem there... That's a tip-off from mate dan who used to work for tuning company ;-)

It's a Clio tce.... Still want the pics?!? :) lol

For the money you gonna spend doing all that?! Get an r26r and shove it in there. Will be cheaper!

waitey":3tgai3sc said:
You'll need a bigger fuel pump massive injectors and a beastly clutch.

Might be worth looking into megane RS fuel pump and injectors to see if they fit as they cope with 225bhp standard as for the clutch I'm unsure what other cars share the same part.

Clip 182 injectors and the standard fuel pump max out at 140bhp.

Should be a good build if this all goes through ;)

EDIT: I think wossner would make forged pistons for the TCE which will also be needed as Renault don't over engineer their engines too well.

Caching gold dust.... Wossner on the blower ASAP then...

To add more, new gearbox too. That will have to be a custom build jobby too... Standard won't last very long with what you wanna do

Jjay":2zyquy21 said:
For the money you gonna spend doing all that?! Get an r26r and shove it in there. Will be cheaper!

Was saving for evo8 mr... Don't want r26 fanks.... Decided to stay with my 1.2 fuel economy all the way....it's the way forward... A few mods to keep her perky... Happy days.

That economy wont last long with what you will be doing my friend...

To see more gains why not use the 1.4T scenic engine?

Jjay":4jijnxp5 said:
To add more, new gearbox too. That will have to be a custom build jobby too... Standard won't last very long with what you wanna do

It's how it's mapped.... Won't run full chat all day all night.... Run her at 140bhp daily but then all parts can handle that easily is the idea.... Clutch should be ok I don't rag it like a kid. Gear box pop buy new one or recon I guess but again won't run full chat through it really.

BlackTwingo-i":1x14mcxw said:
Get like a £10k loan and go mental.. Would be awesome!

Custom fanilmold is 750 fitted,
Turbo around 650
Injectors say 60
Mapping say 200

Smiles already...

So if not running full on why do it? Not saying you gotta full on blast it everywhere but that kinda money for u to use 140? No point. IMO but its your car and your money

Jjay":38dh5hn2 said:
So if not running full on why do it? Not saying you gotta full on blast it everywhere but that kinda money for u to use 140? No point. IMO but its your car and your money

Why would you want to drive it like you stole it all the time... Craziness...!!!

Nice to have a car with the mods done... And a daily driver... Simple that's why... Knowing it's quick and done properly.

Not a lot of people are very helpful ATM ktec looking for hi spec to get some bigger brakes to fit it... Apparently can't get big brakes for the Clio tce yet.