Hi all tce owner looking for more...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lgonzalez":38ozit2i said:
MovingShadow":38ozit2i said:
Think Brembo brakes on a Clio TCe are alittle overkill.

Like waitey, I wonder if you can't use Twingo RS disc and brake pads.
They don't come with the big 4 pot callipers...they use standard callipers with brembo disks and pads with the same size as the standard ones.

But RS discs are larger than the GT TCe ones so they would work well with a good set of pads and good brake fluids.

waitey":3uz5rdrq said:
lgonzalez":3uz5rdrq said:
MovingShadow":3uz5rdrq said:
Think Brembo brakes on a Clio TCe are alittle overkill.

Like waitey, I wonder if you can't use Twingo RS disc and brake pads.
They don't come with the big 4 pot callipers...they use standard callipers with brembo disks and pads with the same size as the standard ones.

But RS discs are larger than the GT TCe ones so they would work well with a good set of pads and good brake fluids.
Oh right...cool!! :) would be good if they fit on there! Just wonder about the mouton points for he carriers and callipers?

You can use the K-Tec Clio Big Brake kit on the Twingo GT, It's just a larger disc, better pads and a caliper carrier.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/K-tec-Racing-Ltd/187795637909877

IMAG0449_zpscde55ce9.jpg

IMAG0459_zps9f5256fb.jpg

IMAG0463_zpsffe80bbe.jpg

IMAG0458_zpsbae45ee4.jpg

The map was written from scratch on the standard Damos file. Andy spent from 9.30 - 6 pm on a Friday.... Writing and testing it.... We had an issue with the final map and it went into limp mode so he loaded up an earlier map to end the day... Now I'm sure the map he wrote and loaded up had 188lbs, ft.... And the car does feel like an absolute animal.... So I'm not sure weather I have 170lbs ft or 188 lbs ft.... Lol.... Andy did day he would usually like 3days on this kind of project. Rude to diney him this opportunity.... Especially as the car was on this wish list to map with these upgrades....

We dropped in the injectors, after strapping the car in and doing the ecu basics, fitted a ktr foam filter further away than my previous rubbish halfords one, and cracked on with it.

The car is set on 1,2 bar boost and to be honest andy said there as more to come, but the limiting factors was the injectors, the 182 ones were on full fuel and we needed to add in more so he said 330 injectors would probably be ok... I think it was 330 injectors anyway, it was a long day.... The map is a bit spiky so I will get booked in for more development on the map and also I will have the fly wheel they are working on too.

Yes mate, they did, it was on the "to do, wish list" of andy the mapper there. A tce with turbo upgrade, so happy I've helped them with that. I'll be booked in December time for further mapping to try and smooth her out and maybe larger injectors and an uprated fuel pump. If I can get my hands on a decent ko4 turbo I may see what this would be like too.

Up date is braided oil feed pipe will need to go on turbo.
Can't fit oil cooler as sandwich plates dont fit. They catch on the bolt of what I think is the oil pump. Think I'll plumb in mocal to be part of the water cooling system for the oil.

Been fixing the kwaka recently, needed new exhaust as power valve was seized. So got a akrapovic exhaust.... oh my god sounds looovly pops and deep and throaty. So no love for the Clio recently.

Nice little update dude, you should have come to the charity rolling road day and shown us what your beast is capable of!!