hks turbo timer?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayden-b-

Reaction score
i was thinking about getting a hks turbo timer for my gt, but was just wondering if anyone could tell me what information you can get from them and how to fit one, any help would be grateful thanks.

Im a bit sceptical of these. Just drive at low revs for 5 mins before you stop or just wait in the car for a minute when you pull up. Requires wiring to ECU. Money would be better spent on an Electronic Boost Controller IMO

You aren't running big enough boost to make these things even worth putting on your car.

Hell I wouldn't even bother with Steves suggestion.

Made loads of difference on mine Ben tbf. Standard actuator is foobarred at 7 psi boost - not very useful when you run over 11 psi boost

Sorry yeh that one. Easy, takes less than 30 mins. I did a how to on here. Do a search for 'fitting am electronic boost controller'

Yours is tuned tho Steve isn't?

Personally on here it seems people see a name and think "yeah shiznit itz da bomz" just because it has a name people think it's the best option.

I wouldn't bother on a standard one. Mine runs 11.6 psi boost so about 5/6 psi over standard so is worth having for the extra control. The standard actuator is fine on a standard car and its unlikely that a ebc will make much difference.

dont worry mine wont be staying standard for very long, looking for same increase as steve-o