hmmn do i trade my car for a 30 year old car!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm worth asking if you dont ask you dont get but i dont think he will

Yeah i always fancied a dini, used to love my 5's, had 2 one GTT and then one campus with full gtt kit and an F7P/R hybrid epic cars, a mate of mine has a dini in his lockup he's been meaning to do up and its in disrepair and he wont let me buy it off him lol

iv got a wicked collection of 5s!!! :mrgreen:
heres my old dini....

fcd8_4-1.jpg

fce7_4-1.jpg

This was the latest 5 i owned, RIP the guy i sold it to had a bit of bad luck with it and broke it for spares :(

img_1157.jpg

That is a lovely Gordini the blue one and the red one. Oddly the number of times that people have said the new Gordinis aren't the right colour, yet this looks like a distinctly similar colour!

1593081.jpg

Pic2.jpg

I had a Renault 5 Campus for a short while as a run about. Loved it to pieces and it was mint!

I'll certainly own another 5 at some point in the future. Be it a GTT or Gordini but would I trade either my Twingo Gordini or Megane 225 for one?? Hell no hahaha

haha if we do a pod or track day nxt year il bring my gtt and let u hav a go alex!might change ur mind!!altho doesnt have the reliability or ur 225!
im not sure that 5 is the original gordini blue but it might b the pics.
il try and dig out a pic of my mates 8 gordini to show the original colour

here u go this is "proper" gordini blue!! :eek: :lol:

78_renault_gordini_2005-1.jpg

as said it might just be the pics of the 5 but the twingo is def a much darker blue!altho i think it prob suits the twingo better?!

I spoke to the seller, he wont give me cash my way, i do love my twingo but it lacks the feel of the old renaults i've owned, i think i will definately have to look into getting an old renault soon, not sure i can bring myself to sell the twingo

Don't get me wrong there's something awesome about having the back to basics, proper feel of an old skool car.

One of the most fun cars I've driven was my R5 and that was only the n/a 1.4 engine. You could just feel everything the car did and it put a smile on your face. Like I say I'll certainly have an R5 turbo of some description but my Twingo is my day to day car so I'm enjoying the luxury and fun it offers. To have an R5 alongside my to RS' is the ideal solution! :D

As for the blue, yeah 'racing blue' is really the proper Gordini colour. My comparison was just that, that Gordini was metallic blue as is the new Gordini range.

Did a bit of a google and found another Renault 5 Gordini/Alpine in that blue, so can only assume it is an original colour you could pick .

1005753568_49ddbf2df3.jpg

Personally though, from a detailing perspective the solid blue of the racing blue isn't ideal. An ex of mine had a 182 in that colour and it showed every mark and swirl. Metallic is far more forgiving.

I've found my dads old R18 is still registered, i may track it down some more, gotta love old french cars :D

I really do love old Renaults and you know what, I'm not quite sure why. haha

I guess it's just down to them having that character and also that underdog status that they have now. I mean people often refer to the Golf GTI as the first hot hatch, yet the Renault 5 Alpine preceeded it by 12 months+.

Even today people underestimate Renault and the RenaultSport models. I think to me that's their appeal.

Alex_225":2x0cssig said:
Even today people underestimate Renault and the RenaultSport models. I think to me that's their appeal.

hell yea there are VERY few cars on the road that can beat any of my "old snotters"!!
and even on track they hold there own against cars that are 4 times the price