Horn / Indicator Stalk

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigsby

Reaction score
Hi,
My daughters cars horn is not working.
Its a Twingo 2010
Shes been told by our local garage that it need a new Indicator stalk which is around £200 !!
Any ideas as to getting this fixed much cheaper ?
Cheers.

Get the part from a breakers/eBay and get a local garage to fit it, should be a lot cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently the one that i am looking for is a serial 8200958434B.
The closest that i can get is 8201193544E9
Does it have to match as its for her year ?

You’d probably get away with slightly different number, although I don’t know for certain what the differences between the two are. Renault normally update their part numbers, so the same part can have multiple numbers. I wouldn’t imagine there being much difference between the two though.

I assumed the horn has been tested? Putting direct live to it? Or the fuse has been checked also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really struggling here..
Looks like the serials have to match in order for everything to work on the stalk.
Cannot find one that matches anywhere so looks like its £200 to basically fix a bloody horn... JOKE

May be too late but my horn didn't work turned out to be one of the wire had pulled away from its solder underneath the unit itself there's a red and black seems they can work themselves selfs loose. Took me awhile to find the problem after checking all other scenarios

does anyone where the black wire for the horn connects to my horn is not working and there is a broken black wire on the stalk the wire is still soldered to the stalk but i have no idea where to connect it to