How a Twingo 133 VVT Engine Works

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
The solenoid valve is closed at rest. It authorises the passage of oil to control the phase shifter in line with the operation of the engine: -

if the engine speed is between 1,800 and 6,500 rpm, - if the throttle potentiometer is not at no-load NOTE: if the solenoid valve is jammed in the open position this will result in an unstable idle and the pressure in the manifold at idle will be too high. This affects the mechanical timing of your inlet valves and the other mechanical components: pistons/exhaust valves. The result will affect the volumetric efficiency of the engine, hence a change to the fuel and ignition maps. The solenoid only opens or closes as detailed above and it is not continuously variable.

exactly what do they know!!

they just put stuff on there to keep keen customers happy!!!
theyve sort of covered everything with one iffy paragraph :geek:

Yeah I'm sure that's all correct but it doesn't really tell you how it works :p

that sort of what i ment im not saying thats wrong its just VERY breif and doesnt really explain it

VVT is a pain in the arse when it comes to high end tuning, do the R1/2s have it or has it been removed

Prab

i believe the r1 does have VVT as its just a RS with cage etc but R2 doesnt, the 4-2-1 manifold hates VVT. RS Tuning had to delay my cars VvT activation so i do lose a bit of power top end. Another reason for believing r2 had no VVT is catcams new cams for race/rally are non-VVT. i am trying to get them to make a sport cam in non-VVT as i want to get rid of my VVT and get maxium power all the way through.
im not to sure if KTec can delay/bring forward VVT but i know RS Tuning can but if they would i dont know, their still waiting for a stock twingo RS to do a custom base map for, and it wouldnt have to go in for days like ktec did with Dans.

Prabmire":1c337c8v said:
VVT is a pain in the arse when it comes to high end tuning, do the R1/2s have it or has it been removed

Prab

im not sure but i thought both r1+2 had vvt??(due to the regs in which class they rally)
vvt is easy to do away with mechanically , one of the biggest cost/probs is having it mapped without it.

mine was the complete op, had to be mapped with VVT off, then turned on, delaid and tuning. :( i might be wrong with r2 not having VVT but its a major pain in the arse, but then again there running aftermarket ecus.
from head up on members here,TOC and else where, should be hard to change to non-vvt cams with pulley wheel from non-vvt k4m and catcams racing profile. will have to see how far they take VVT versions