How long....

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Does Renault intend to keep producing the current Twingo? Does anyone know.

The current shape has been out since 2008 so I'm wondering when they'll do the next shape. I heard rumours that Renault may be developing a car with Smart/Mercedes that may end up being the next Twingo.

Yeah but they're not selling massive numbers now, the Twingo is filling the gap the old shape Clio left behind.

I just wonder when they'll be end production of this shap Twingo that's all.

Till renault have used up the millions of mk2 clio chassis's! facelift is due end of 2011, this shape twingos been with us since 07 the sport since 08, so will have had a 4 year run till facelift

I may be wrong, but I heard that the Twingos share the same chasis as one of the Smart cars? I deffo read it somewhere, but can't remember where! Lol

Jake_133":1ya56u3s said:
I may be wrong, but I heard that the Twingos share the same chasis as one of the Smart cars? I deffo read it somewhere, but can't remember where! Lol

The current Twingo chares the same floor pan as the previous Clio, in terms of chassis like suspension I'm not sure if that's the same as the old RS Clios.

I did read that there may be a collaboration with Smart for the development of the next generation of Twingo. I guess it all depends on what they want to make the next Twingo into, a tiny town car or still just keep it a small hatch. Personally I think they should stick with it being a hatch as I'm not a big fan of tiny cars like the Smart or Toyota IQ.

Alex_225":2l8ienfu said:
Jake_133":2l8ienfu said:

The current Twingo chares the same floor pan as the previous Clio, in terms of chassis like suspension I'm not sure if that's the same as the old RS Clios.

I did read that there may be a collaboration with Smart for the development of the next generation of Twingo. I guess it all depends on what they want to make the next Twingo into, a tiny town car or still just keep it a small hatch. Personally I think they should stick with it being a hatch as I'm not a big fan of tiny cars like the Smart or Toyota IQ.
I think the they're going to fill that space (tiny cars) with the electric vehicles... The Twingo (well, at least the 133) has it's foot in the door as a fun little hot hatch.. don't think they'd take that away now.

Yeah I think they'd be silly to remove the market for the 133.

Thing is, running a car is bloody expensive. When you look at how much the hot hatch prices have gone up. The equivalent RenaultSport Megane for example is £5-6k more expensive than when I got mine back in 2006!!

The Twingo 133 offers RenaultSport fun so much cheaper.

Agree with you there alex the 133 is a great car and for the money makes it even better :)

the twingo should b around for a while because renault are/have developed an electric version and that wont b out for afew years so there not going anywhere soon.