How Much Does your Mods effect your car?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

since theres one open for insurence costs, wondering how much people have been paying extra for mods?
hope yours all clearing your mods, hit me and you havent decleared them and i'll eat you alive!!! :twisted:
i got £200 for manifold and exhaust, told a wee small lie about reasons for changing it to not put such a sport spin on it and also i used the tester/before mapping dyno run to give the insurence when car was running at 127bhp to show performance wasnt increased and remained the same *what they didnt know is oxy sensor was bust/air to fuel was wrong and only running on 3 1/2 cyclinders :D
£50 for induction kit
things i've let to declear are the steering handling upgrades as i've taken them off to new years and the remap which is undetectable so i wont.

family has been with A-PLAN insurence for over 25 years and policy by zurich insurance, whom have done ares with A-Plan for the last ten years, whom also deal with my health insurence so they take into account of my broken leg problems.
we've never jumped around insurence places, always find it easier to stick it out with one as after a while you get the best customer care then you would being new on a diff policy

skyinsurance":2zftw591 said:
It all depends on the insurers, some insurers will not even cover modified cars..
Do you have set prices for mods (and if so perhaps list some of them for members to see)? I can't remember if it's a BHP limit or individual mod prices with you guys.. Also I suppose it depends on the customer and their details rather than one cost for everyone?

also using careful words of 200cell cat and not sports cat. the BHP graph did help a lot to prove that its in the limit of what renault sell the car, which we know is adding some numbers on the end.
i stated with the exhaust the old one started to rust and wear due to being near the sea and its not covered under renault so had a new stainless steel one put in which costs cheaper then renaults oem, which they did understand and you've seen how the pic of the cat looks compared to brand new one.
im guessing springs and shocks will had to the price as they make people want to steal them and joy ride the car.
i'll try and find if they have a set list but def get a dyno of your mods and ask them to make the settings harsh or something with the date on their etc.

With all mods declared my insurance hasn't gone up i spoke to the insurer's and underwriters and they wont charge extra for engine mods until there has been a 10 percent increase in power

Only mods on the car are the number plate!! lol

Doubt I'll be modifying the car unless I buy a second set of alloy wheels. Even then I'm not sure I'd bother declaring them as they're cheaper than the standard rims anyway haha

iv spend hours on the phone to insurers before listing mods. :evil:
some times they dont even have the mod as a poss! :roll:
i had a girl on the phone once who was just confused as hell and just wanted to hang up on me :lol:

i think the main thing is to show willing and at least try and declare things, that way if u get stopped or crash at least they will have on record that u hav this list of mods :?:
also try and get a value for your car because iv had a car before that was worth absolutely nothing on paper but had over £3000 worth of mods!due to the fact it was a "sleeper" so i wanted it to look sh*t :twisted:

orbital":32nbvkvo said:
we've never jumped around insurence places, always find it easier to stick it out with one as after a while you get the best customer care then you would being new on a diff policy

Easier - but also MUCH more expensive. :shock:

Most insurers save their best prices for new customers, and sneak up your renewal a little bit more every time.

If you want to play the "loyalty" card with them, get a few quotes from others, then ring your original insurer and ask them to beat or match the best quote - which WILL be lower than your renewal. I do it every year (with car AND house/contents) and I must've saved literally thousands of pounds in total. :idea: