'How To' Change the Interior Light

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HigtonA

Reaction score
This is the way to change your Twingo Interior Light to a Clio Light.

Sorry for the poor photos, i took them from my phone.

1) Take the clear plastic off the surround by just holding it and pull with your hands, nothing can break.

1.jpg

2) Push the clip(circled) in and then pull the surrond down and you can slide the whole unit out.

2-1.jpg

3) Unclip the adaptor from the unit.

3-1.jpg

Push the bit circled down to unclip it.

4-1.jpg

4) Now you can get the new unit and plug in the adaptor into the socket circled.

5-1.jpg

5) Slide it back up into the space, the left side first as shown in the picture below.

6.jpg

6) Once it is cliped in place, install some bright leds

7.jpg

7) Fit the clear plastic and your job is done

8.jpg

Thanks for reading :)

Andrew

Cheers fella thats awesome, so simple when you see the pics!

Now gotta find one on ebay, all I found are scenic ones, and £28

And all the individual lights work as normal? Might take the Clio light out of my mums and swap it to see if she notices :)

BEJ_2011":xz8wdx26 said:
And all the individual lights work as normal? Might take the Clio light out of my mums and swap it to see if she notices :)

Yeah they all work normally, no harm in trying.

I got mine courtsey of nissan (where i work) as they are the same as the ones in the quashqai/note etc. sneaky!

Sharpy":2errrfvs said:
I got mine courtsey of nissan (where i work) as they are the same as the ones in the quashqai/note etc. sneaky!

I used to work for Nissan UK. Do you work for a dealership, mate? If so, which one?

I work in the manufacturing plant mate in sunderland! I build quasqais all day... haha fun!

Sharpy":3szke0sa said:
I work in the manufacturing plant mate in sunderland! I build quasqais all day... haha fun!
Best family car ever! Such a beaut to drive!

Sharpy":1q2ruw8t said:

Ahh nice. I used to deal with Sunderland quite often, regarding part delays, which were the bane of my working life, lol.

Aye the qashqais are alrite cars like! Yer they go biserk when we are missing parts!

We are off atm obvioussly because of the tsunami in japan, lack of parts!

Just went to change the light to the clio light, and the one that was in the clio was the same!! Now im off to steal my nans from her quashqai!

Some qashqais have the one we have with just one light bulb depends on spec i think. Most have the one with 3 in though!

Well it's the acenta which I'm told is near the top so fingers crossed lol

I saw a scenic one on there last week for £24 but I was at work when it ended... On a good note, my nans from her quashqai fits and shall soon be mine :)
I also changed the boot bulb, which was a lot easier than I thought!

Help! I'm sat in my car and I can't get the bulb out I've pulled and pulled, don't want to smash it? Any tips

You just have to squeeze the bulb, and pull it as hard as you can! It will come out!!

Thank u :) just done it, in the end I gave up and dad pulled it out for me, looks amazing now!

You replaced it with an led? I did mine and the one in the boot! Makes so much difference! When I eventually get a three bulb one I might put different colours in :)

BEJ_2011":3b98eerd said:
You replaced it with an led? I did mine and the one in the boot! Makes so much difference! When I eventually get a three bulb one I might put different colours in :)

I did tht for a laugh, i will let you decide...

IMG00033-20100710-2054.jpg