How to fit mudflaps

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanPaul7

Reaction score
So I bought some mudflap material to fit to the back of my car because it gets stupidly dirty so quickly and to be honest i'm not entirely sure how i'm going to fit them. My plan is to just get some fir tree clips and drill through in a few spots and clip it straight on. Will this be ok? is there even enough little spots to drill through so that it will hold securely?
I saw someone else on here has fitted some mudflaps and used a bracket somehow, not sure what that's for? :?

That would be me.

If you look theres only a lip down the outside edge. So any width inboard of this would be flapping about. The bracket attaches to the bumber mounting screw and provides a support on the inboard edge.

Fir Tree clips are what I used.

Ah makes sense, guess I will give it a shot once my clips arrive, hopefully I don't make to much of a mess lol

I actually just had a quick look and can't see any screw for the inside edge bracket to mount on, any chance you could take a picture of yours? not sure if i'm blind or if it's just different on the facelift since my bumper looks different to yours :s

Its 600 miles away at the moment so no chance of any specific pics. Theres pics on page 5 of my progress thread.

Okay thanks anyway!
I will get some pics up if I can actually fit them :p

I managed to get them on.
The cars at an angle so the right one looks a bit low but I measured them exactly the same with OCD precision... they also need to be rounded off on the corners really but I didn't have time today. Might decrease the width also, what do you guys think?
2rosyfb.jpg

Yep my car is very dirty, it's pretty darn mucky around these parts lately.

Looks ok. Not in your face by the looks of that :)

How did you secure the inner edge on yours with the facelift bumper?

I used a 10p coin and some sharp scissors for the corners. Use the coin to draw around then snip off the corners which you can probably do with the flaps insitue

That's a good idea! Will probably do the same :D
Inside the wheel well is a few holes, I found one fairly low down, made it a bit larger with a drill and attached it with a fir tree clip. It holds well, doesn't flap around but if the material loosens up I might need to fit a bracket somewhere at a later date. Hopefully not :roll:

slim":kv4mhnh1 said:
need a few more pics but they look fine. may be put sparco sticker on them... :)
Might get some twingo133.net stickers to put on if they will still be sold, I think that would be good :)

DanPaul7":5a75ii6b said:
slim":5a75ii6b said:
need a few more pics but they look fine. may be put sparco sticker on them... :)
Might get some twingo133.net stickers to put on if they will still be sold, I think that would be good :)
Sales will be back up soon :)
Message us if you want some before then

singlespeed":2g0ezegp said:
DanPaul7":2g0ezegp said:
slim":2g0ezegp said:
Sales will be back up soon :)
Message us if you want some before then
Awesome, will wait for it to get back up so I can check what's available since I can't remember :)

you got front ones as well? i want to do this to mine.

also i think the width looks perfect but could do with some more pics :)

craig92":lx1tod3o said:
you got front ones as well? i want to do this to mine.

also i think the width looks perfect but could do with some more pics :)
Actually I just did rear flaps as the back was getting really dirty and the front stays pretty clean really. Now thinking about it I might go ahead and stick on some front ones just for the even look :p

How are you getting on with them? I'm looking into doing mine would you be able to list everything you brought for yours so I can get an idea. Cheers