HOW TO: Retro fit Cruise control

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow thanks for the fast reply. Unfortunately I do not have the pins present at the ECU side, so I will need to work from there. If I understand you correctly then really the only wires that need to be ran are four wires from the ECU directly two to steering wheel and two to the cc button? Do you maybe know of I can bypass the cc button as I would keep it on permanently anyways.

Edit: and of course a ground wire. Would it then be possible to directly connect one of the wires that would otherwise go to the cc button directly to ground?

@Chester amazing. The exact thing I am after, and you have explained it like a champ. Once I get the resistor values, how would I connect that to the mk2 cruise squib, that only has two wires?!

Much appreciated!

Last edited:
@Projectrs200 You connect black and red wire to the clock spring. The other two wires are for answering the phone. There's nothing we can do about it as it's on a separate circuit. Works like a normal switch. As you said there just isn't enough wires to connect everything.

@Projectrs200 You connect black and red wire to the clock spring. The other two wires are for answering the phone. There's nothing we can do about it as it's on a separate circuit. Works like a normal switch. As you said there just isn't enough wires to connect everything.
Great. Got confused by the phone wires. How about getting the horn to work then...?

Great. Got confused by the phone wires. How about getting the horn to work then...?
Horn stays original. Theres not enough wires in Twingo II clock spring to connect anything besides airbag cruise control buttons and airbag. Don't get me wrong, it's possible to connect everything, but that would require some custom hardware (arduino based would be the cheapest I think). I'm not that bothered to actually make it

Is it possible to add into the squib? There clearly space for 4 connections in there, or maybe modifying another squib that already has 4 in use?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211117-215130_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211117-215130_Gallery.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 5
Can you give me part numbers? This looks like Twingo III clock spring. Especially the bottom one with 6 pins. The only way it would make sense to me right now is if it was Twingo III clock spring without phone/voice commands

Can you give me part numbers? This looks like Twingo III clock spring. Especially the bottom one with 6 pins. The only way it would make sense to me right now is if it was Twingo III clock spring without phone/voice commands
No, both twingo 2, one my original, one a new one with cruise control. Going to fit my mk2 wheel with cruise this weekend, make sure that works, then send off the mk3 circuit boards to a phone repair who can do the smd soldering. If it all works, I'll have a spare squib I can try altering.

I think I know what's going on here. Renault used airbag tape from another model with more equipment, like airbag/horn/criuse control, 2-stage airbag/horn or 2-stage airbag/cruise control. They just cut unnecessary wiring/connector that normally is on the steering wheel side. I'll do some digging when I find some free time

Hello guys! Here's what I found in my RS. I already have a steering wheel from Twingo 3. To activate the cruise control, now I have to solder two wires to the cuted off place on the clock spring and connect them to the wires of the steering wheel buttons? And connect the two wires in the lower white plug with any switch? Greetings to all!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1685562589762.jpg
    FB_IMG_1685562589762.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230531_172456.jpg
    IMG_20230531_172456.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230531_172456~2.jpg
    IMG_20230531_172456~2.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230531_172449.jpg
    IMG_20230531_172449.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230531_165921.jpg
    IMG_20230531_165921.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
Hello guys! Here's what I found in my RS. I already have a steering wheel from Twingo 3. To activate the cruise control, now I have to solder two wires to the cuted off place on the clock spring and connect them to the wires of the steering wheel buttons? And connect the two wires in the lower white plug with any switch? Greetings to all!
Hi, I did this on my Twingo, worked great, but no cc lamp. I have a switch available if anyone wants to give me £10 + postage for it?