Inner tie rods possibly gone ?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cup RS 133

Reaction score
Hi everyone, been haveing issues of late with my 133 cup whenever I brake there's a wobble mainly comeing from the passenger side wheel. I'm thinking my tie rods are worn cause the tie rod ends were replaced not so many months ago, I've checked the obvious lower ball joint arms at 12 & 6 position but no movement there, I've also had new front tyres recently and the old ones seem to have more tread on the outer edge than the middle, now I've had these new tyres on a couple of weeks and there starting to show the same signs, could these symtoms be top mounts too there does seem a little more play on the passenger side but thought the top mounts had abit of play built into them, has anyone changed tierods on there 133 I've heard there a renault only part and retail at around 90 quid a corner which seems extortionate compared to other vehicles I know there longer than standerd twingo arms would clio trophy rods fit sorry for rambling on it's just starting to bug me also the handing doesn't seem as direct and lacking in feel any input be great thanks Dan.

don't want to sound smart, but why not pop into a ATS garage and put on ramps and ask them to ave a look, wont cost to look and maybe get free advice.

Ive changed a tie arm on my Twingo, I got one from my local motor factors if I remember correctly

To check, lie on the floor get somebody to rock the steering & feel for a clonk on the tie rod ball joint, you might have to squeeze on the boot to feel it

Plus make sure they turn the wheel a lot so they don't take your arm off!!