Inner tie rods torque settings

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

09deaconj

Reaction score
Hi guys i recently bent my inner tie rod and im looking at replacing the part myself but Im having an issue finding the torque spec for the castle nut on the track rod ends I was wondering if anyone could help me out Thanks in advanced!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05XOhz67jGA this is the video I will be following

Hi mate did this job myself a while ago, if u haven't already you'll be best off getting a inner tie rod tool only 30 quid off eBay still save some money in labour. I didn't torque mine up just put abit of thread lock on them and tighten as much it will go but not do mad as to snap them as long as it's fully tightened up they'll be fine. Oh and don't forget the yellow spacers which come with the kit u also get blue ones in the pack but mine had yellow when I took them off, if u need anymore info give us a shout easy job really just don't rush ;)

Thank you for the reply I did it myself the other day. yeah i had to buy the tool cost me 28quid off ebay i was reluctant to buy it as its probably not going to come in use again for long time aha, but i was given the wrong part for my car even though i gave them the reg number so when i took it to get aligned they couldn't get my steering wheel straight so I have to get another rod but it was hard enough finding that one could you possibly post me a link or number from where you got yours? And i messed up straight away doing mine though i didnt unscrew the screw that is in inside the bolt and forced it I regretted that and had to saw the track rod end off took me a while due to that mistake :oops: The worst part is when I was forcing it I was saying to myself you are a fool for forcing it but went ahead anyway aha and i never got a spacer for mine or seen ome when i took it off???

Hi bud glad you had a go your self. The reason it didn't fit is because the tie rods are a Renault only item and come as a pair these cost me a whopping 140 quid ish. It come with the spacers and both boots for the rack so that'll be the reason they'll have been too short. The part number is 48 52 130 46R did you not measure the new against old when u got it off ? Your old one should have a yellow spacer on the inner bit which controls the amount of lock the rack can achieve. I'm guessing it's the tie rod end you couldn't get off the joint which connect the rod to the hub, plenty of wd40 and some needle vise grips should get them off depending how long they've been on for did u just get the rod from a general moto factors then? Hope you've sorted it now.