is it normal for my twingo to make turbo sounds...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbisfab

Reaction score
Hi everyone I've just purchased a twingo GT and when I first got it the turbo was broke so it's been replaced with a brand new one. However I haven't had a car with a turbo before and the sounds it's making is quite scary, when I hit 60+ for a short while whilst accerating it makes a loud whooshing sound. Then stops... I can tell the turbo is working but I just want to know if this sounds normal. It's got a full warrenty. And it's running really well.. No lights on dash... Would be great if I could get some advice on this if it's normal..

You able to post up a video?

It will make a sound while accelerating BUT a video would help rule out a split pipe/actuator or wastegate issue.

Does it pull well throughout the rev range? Or does it seem to hold back whilst making the noise? Does it do it when cold (not stone cold) and when hot?

I'll try and get a video! It seems to quiet down when it's warm, and only happens when I press hard on the accerater. And no it seems to be running normal I think, however I wouldn't know. All I know is that it picks up speed super fast when accerating.

It sounds like you're describing the wastegate opening under full throttle. But put a video up just to make sure.