It lives.....

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Guess what, the illusive RenaultSport Megane 225 of mine has finally emerged from the garage. As one of my friends very kindly commented, 'It'll need sunglasses like those Chilean miners they pulled out of that hole!'.

Still nice and shiny after nearly 6 months under cover, still the detailing pays off. :thumb:

Megane1.jpg

Megane6.jpg

First job was fitting the new, almost legal number plates for the MOT.

Megane2.jpg

Here she is keeping the Gordini company.

Megane3.jpg

Now this was the fun part. I put the battery on charge the night before so it'd be good to start, warm up and take for it's MOT. How wrong was I. Battery is only 2 years old but is not holding charge. Guess that's the price you pay for not driving your car 'enough'. Anyway, in the end I jump started it off the Mrs Twingo.

All was well with the car, apart from by the time I'd got it started I only had 15 minutes to get to the MOT tester. On the way there, the tyre pressure sensor came on so I pulled into a side road to give them a quick visual check. Bad move, the car cut out and wouldn't start. F-ing battery!

So my Mrs, who I owe massively walked back to get her car and the jump leads. Whilst I waited with the car I took some pictures since the sun was out. :lol:

Megane9.jpg

Megane7.jpg

Then her mighty Twingo 133 arrived to save me! haha

Megane10.jpg

She's now legal, taxed and almost road ready. Now for that cambelt, service and new battery!! :lol:

Thank you mate, I must admit this car still makes me smile even after 5 years of ownership. I know people think I'm mental keeping it the way I do but it still feels as special to drive as the day I got it. :)

In my mind though, there is only one car that could complete the collection.........a Renault 5 GT Turbo!!! I NEED one hahaha

You know what, I wouldn't even be too fussy about the colour although I love them in white or that graphite colour. Not sure the official names for the colours though. Would just to have one and get it mint. :)

Glad you like the cars mate. I f*cking love Renaults, although people think I'm mental for it.

It's gorgeous. I've said it before but I want to be the next owner. Stunning car and lovingly kept, just needs to be driven more. Great collection of renaults, can't wait to see what you do with a 5 if u get one

Thank you mate, if I do ever sell I'll let you know! :)

If I did get a 5, it'd have to stay virtually standard and be detailed within an inch of it's life haha

When I was getting rid of my 200 I was looking at 225's (and a LY 182) but then saw the gordini :lol:

looks great mate :cool:
bet it feels abit diff driving that to the 133

u can buy one of my white 5 gtt's if u want ;)

It is definitely very different to driving the Twingo. The Megane does handle brilliantly and sticks to the road but the Twingo is obviously more nimble. The Twingo will change direction more sharply than the Megane will due to the Megane's extra size.

Having said that the torque the Megane makes is awesome. That's the bit that makes you grin when you drive it. Just put your foot down in any gear and you get that nice pinned in your seat effect haha.

i think the meganes are my favorite of all of the renaultsports :mrgreen:

if fact i think that a megane sport will b the nxt car i get (hopefuly a r26r)

Still love the 225, its a lovely car, and if i'm honnest keeping it tucked away isn't bad, the winter just gone the Gordini stayed in the garage whilst I used my other car to get me about

TURBO":3uq0y2mh said:
i think the meganes are my favorite of all of the renaultsports :mrgreen:

if fact i think that a megane sport will b the nxt car i get (hopefuly a r26r)

I certainly think the shape of the first RenaultSport Megane is interesting and still stands out though it's been around for the last 5 or 6 years.

The R26.R is an awesome machine. Although for me there is a certain appeal of having a car that's full of luxury like the 225 but still fast with it. The R26.R would be epic on the track though.

nick7":3uq0y2mh said:
looking great. love the colour of that aswell

The colour never fails to please me each time I see it in the sunshine. I think Inferno was 'the' colour for the Phase I 225. A bit like the R26's colour is Liquid Yellow.

jra3d":3uq0y2mh said:
Still love the 225, its a lovely car, and if i'm honnest keeping it tucked away isn't bad, the winter just gone the Gordini stayed in the garage whilst I used my other car to get me about

To be honest I hate either car being out in the winter. The Megane I specifically hibernate from September/October until March/April time. The Gordini get's covered when I know I'm not using it and during the harsh times in winter it stayed hidden round the back of the house haha.

At least with both cars wrapped up it means I can concentrate on keeping the other half's 133 mint as she uses it daily.