Knocking noise coming from N/S front end HELP!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mostin

Reaction score
Evening all,

I have a strange intermittent knocking noise coming from the front near side wheel area of my RS. It seems to happen very intermittently, as in it may 'knock' on one speed bump then be fine for the other four. Or it may do it when driving along the flat and seems to do it when going around roundabouts, obviously not riggered by a bump. It seemed to develop around three to four weeks ago but has got no worse or any better. It doesn't affect the cars handling in any way its just annoying. It seems completely random. My car has done 30,000 miles and is 3 years old. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Mostin

Top mount would be my guess , Im pretty sure Orbital before he was banned had his check and they where either very worn or in need of replacing .

Hmm it doesnt feel like a top mount, it feels like its coming from the wheel, as in the hub if you get what i mean. I did previously have a loose top mount. But sorted that around 3 monhs ago.

My friend had a knocking noise coming from the front of her car and got told it was either the ball joint or a drop link .. unlikely to be a drop link though ..

mostin":1mgugfuk said:
Evening all,

I have a strange intermittent knocking noise coming from the front near side wheel area of my RS. It seems to happen very intermittently, as in it may 'knock' on one speed bump then be fine for the other four. Or it may do it when driving along the flat and seems to do it when going around roundabouts, obviously not riggered by a bump. It seemed to develop around three to four weeks ago but has got no worse or any better. It doesn't affect the cars handling in any way its just annoying. It seems completely random. My car has done 30,000 miles and is 3 years old. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Mostin

Is this any help>>
https://www.twingo133.net/suspension-and-brakes/knocking-over-bumps-t3969.html

mine is having this also ..like something jumps when i drive across some speed bumb or similar ..and its 1year and 13.000km only :S ..grrrrrrrrr

Hi All

i've been hearing a slight rattling noise when travelling at low speeds but can'te really associate it with any particular manoeuvre. I have found that the rubber stop visible from the engine pay is is shown in the above picture. Is this normal or could it be the source of the rattling (don't know how the assembly is secured on th eother side)?

Cheers!