Knocking

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maggi200

Reaction score
As if it could get any worse, as well as the car decided to lock me out after a key died this week I now have a rather large knocking noise at any speed :( I've checked the obvious. All joints still attached and looking healthy, springs and dampers all check out fine, bushes all look good, brakes have no visible signs of damage or anything trapped.

Any weak points I've not thought of? It is going into renault, but I wouldn't mind sorting it myself first if I get the chance (so I know it's been done :lol:)

if you fix it and renault can't hear anything/see anything then they won't be able to sort it right?

You don't seem to be having much luck with amy!

u looked at the anti roll bar inner bushes and drop links??
they are pretty famous for alot of knocking noises

easyst way is to unbolt the drop links and drive it down the road and see if the noise goes.
only takes 2 mins to unbolt them.

On it. Will sort it tomorrow, I did give them a visual look over as best I could. I did actually suspect the drop links had something to do with it for some reason.

And if I sort it, it won't be going to renault lol. One question, it is quite clearly coming from one side, although I checked both. Would undoing it on one side only suffice or do I need to remove both. It will be on a straight road so no rolling. I've only ever actually removed and replaced ar bars and never just undone :lol:

maggi112":20yy1ibs said:
On it. Will sort it tomorrow, I did give them a visual look over as best I could. I did actually suspect the drop links had something to do with it for some reason.

And if I sort it, it won't be going to renault lol. One question, it is quite clearly coming from one side, although I checked both. Would undoing it on one side only suffice or do I need to remove both. It will be on a straight road so no rolling. I've only ever actually removed and replaced ar bars and never just undone :lol:
Do you not trust Renault to work on your car ? Lol

Maggi you can always bring the car to SMC if you dont like your local dealer.

TBH I don't mind my local dealer, but I would rather avoid a dealers if I can sort it myself than have the hassle of taking it down. I've always been like that with my cars :lol:

maggi112":xa4epp46 said:
TBH I don't mind my local dealer, but I would rather avoid a dealers if I can sort it myself than have the hassle of taking it down. I've always been like that with my cars :lol:

But your cars under warrenty why bother looking yourself?

Cos if it's something simple I can sort it. If it's something that needs sorting I can go in armed with the knowledge of exactly what needs doing and how it will be sorted.

maggi112":sfphw9mr said:
I now have a rather large knocking noise at any speed

Any weak points I've not thought of?

Could be a flat-spotted tyre :idea:

A colleague of mine had this on his Vectra - took ages to find out what it was :shock: