Light bulbs..

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtwingob

Reaction score
Does anyone know if HOD bulbs are any good?

They are so much cheaper than HID and I guess don't have the unreliability of the ballast going on HID kits.

I've only heard good things but wondering if anyone has any reservations.

Mike_Robo":1d3x9i1r said:
MovingShadow":1d3x9i1r said:
Never heard of it until now.

Kind of a funny name, 'High Definition Olive lamp' :lol:

+1 are they as bright as HIDs?
Google says they're almost as bright as an HID.

Since a few days I've been using Osram Blue Hyper Plus bulbs (5100 k) and they cost me 24£ on Amazon.

there seems to be mixed reviews online about the HODs, mainly depending on the design of the headlight housing.

how are the Osrams then? worth getting, there for 'off road' use so i gather they're bright :p

I like them alot and yes they're very bright for standard bulbs.

Took a picture of them with my phone but my pc died (typing this from work) so can't upload any pictures to show it.

Hods seem to be a little funny in some hate and some like. I've ordered a pair so will post a review against them and some regular bulbs. They're not that expensive so could make an okay alternative to night breakers and the like.

Won't be like Hids though, and I think people aren't necessarily disappointed with the bulbs but it seems in comparison to Hids as that's what they've expected them to compare to

Sweet cheers man that would be great! Looking forward to read what ya think of them

Here are the Osram Blue Hyper Plus bulbs

cF7HEl.jpg

Ok again, my flash kept going off so no idea on colour, but holding my hand up showed a good break in the light, doesn't seem to be reflecting all over the place, and a good white light. Will get pics f that tonight though.

Installed on passenger side as standard on drivers side, it's clearly much much brighter.

9a6umage.jpg

sy6umy6u.jpg

4ezudyby.jpg

yju2uder.jpg

Standard
y7ase3ep.jpg

Hod
6u2aduma.jpg

I will update this evening when it's dark but so far it may be a good solution whilst remaining with 55w bulbs

They are so much brighter! Thanks for this mate, I think I'm gona have to invest in a couple.