Lowering - newbie

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanJ

Reaction score
Hi all, just needed a bit of help to do with lowering my gt. I am completely new to this and don't know much to do with it at all. It's the first time I'v thought about lowering anything and just needed some recommendations on how to do it such as what parts I should use and whatever else I need to know really. I will most probably be getting a garage to fit unless you guys recomend I do it myself
Thanks

I think most people on here will say buy coilovers rather than springs if you can afford it.
Have a look on kam racings website for an idea of what you can buy :)
They are pretty straight forward to change, but A garage shouldn't charge too much if you decide not to do them yourself.

sullii94":1dq50y2j said:
I think most people on here will say buy coilovers rather than springs if you can afford it.
Have a look on kam racings website for an idea of what you can buy :)
They are pretty straight forward to change, but A garage shouldn't charge too much if you decide not to do them yourself.

So coilovers are going to be 500+?
What's the downfall of just buying new springs?

The FK coilovers are the cheapest coilover for the twingo available. It shows up in their quality. KamRacing stopped supplying them due to the large amount of people that had serious issues with them with only a year of ownership.

The Spax will fit straight onto the stock dampers. I'd personally go for the springs over those coilovers. Just due to the quality of them. I'm sure they would be fine but I wouldn't want them on my car.

The FK coilovers are the cheapest coilover for the twingo available. It shows up in their quality. KamRacing stopped supplying them due to the large amount of people that had serious issues with them with only a year of ownership.

The Spax will fit straight onto the stock dampers. I'd personally go for the springs over those coilovers. Just due to the quality of them. I'm sure they would be fine but I wouldn't want them on my car.

Dubz":1x5qmyot said:

Okay thanks for that! I'm not going to be using the car for track days or anything like that though. And Ive just had a look at how my car would look lowered by springs and I was hoping to go a lot lower

Go for a good quality coilover and you will have a nicer ride and less issues. You have to remember your warranty only ever covers the parts, so if you have to send them back for repair you are out of pocket for shipping and for the time your car is off the road.

Personally I would go for AP Coilovers for the Twingo for a road kit on a budget
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/renault/renault-twingo/suspension/coilover-kits/renault-twingo-mk2-ap-apf-coilovers-pre-set-damping-non-sport.html

Those are £515 which is not cheap, but we've never had any issues with the range despite selling for years.

Kev

Kam Racing":2rgwmzou said:
Go for a good quality coilover and you will have a nicer ride and less issues. You have to remember your warranty only ever covers the parts, so if you have to send them back for repair you are out of pocket for shipping and for the time your car is off the road.

Personally I would go for AP Coilovers for the Twingo for a road kit on a budget
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/renault/renault-twingo/suspension/coilover-kits/renault-twingo-mk2-ap-apf-coilovers-pre-set-damping-non-sport.html

Those are £515 which is not cheap, but we've never had any issues with the range despite selling for years.

Kev

Okay thanks a lot for you help kev!

Damn, Jon didnt notice that there has been a price change on a couple of kits. We are adjusting our prices. It will be better to buy from us in a few hours...

Kam Racing":3i328fbv said:
Damn, Jon didnt notice that there has been a price change on a couple of kits. We are adjusting our prices. It will be better to buy from us in a few hours...

Oooo how much better..?

its cheaper but not a lot at all. Theres only a limited amount of discount that can be applied before we start to make nothing...

If your still ,looking bud check out my prog thread, I fitted spaxx springs about a year and a half ago and touch wood have had no problems at all. Really made a difference looks wise its MUCH better, handling wise it was stiffer in the corners, it's a bit more bumpy in the front and REALLY bumpy in the back, but as im driving I just laugh at whoever gets in the back as they fly around everywhere, hahaha!

can anyone tell me if the 182 cup suspension setup and twingo 133 suspension is the same? are they both 60mm bolt hole spacing?

cheers!

It's the same 60mm spacing as far as I know, however the stabilizer linkage is not the same, hence it won't fit straight on. There is a B14 kit from Bilstein on the way (2 weeks or so), at least that's what I was told. Reference number: 47-239883. Hope I helped

cheers! there isnt much clear info to be found about the 133 twingo, ive a spare set of eibach sportlines from a 182 trophy that i will try fitting to the girlfriends twingo!