M3

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazza1

Reaction score
Went to hatfield to pick up a car with a mate and found this bad boy in the car show room
gaby2ybe.jpg
ujahe3ed.jpg
the bloke wants £20.000 for it

20K can't believe the collectibility of these cars

LC":f4qldeyt said:
20K can't believe the collectibility of these cars

Its not even the M3 evolution either which can fetch £50k, the early E30 M3s are extremely collectible and have been for a good time.

The Mercedes 190E cosworth is just as collectible too from the same period.

I can't bring myself to spend that much cash on such a car. Ok it's nice, legendary, the racing versions have been very successful, but in today's standards, it drives like sh*t ...
The rear axle is very outdated now and the only one I enjoyed driving was swapped with various E36 M3 elements, including the engine, rear axle, new suspension setup and proper bucket seats and harnesses. That was awesome to drive, precise, quick, lots of fun to get into the corners with a bit of sliding, really enjoyed it. But at the end of the day, I drove an M3 E30 on the road, all stock, in very good condition : what a boring thing! I can like the "old school" feeling of some cars, like some muscle cars my friends have, it's a lot of fun. But the M3 for me just has the bad sides of "aging". Steering is not precise, suspensions are veeery soft, the engine isn't very powerful, it gets you going but just doesn't give enough sensations imo.

If one day I have an E30, I'll definitely start from a 325i or some like this, swap it properly, put new wheel arches to get the ///M look and there you go, for much less than a collector M3 that I'd be too scared to smash or damage in any way because of its value going up.

SO many cars like this actually right now in the "oldtimer" category. They were good in their time, but if you want to drive them today with a "sports car" approach, you only get disappointed :(

Still, E30s are the best looking M3s out there so far!

I've heard that they aren't really all that too Yotah, I'll keep saving for my gulwing

One of my dream cars, they're stunning. Only thing is that they're all LHD but even then, I'd still sell a majority of my organs for one :cool:

Daz, i took my dads out yesterday for the first time, and all i can say is you need to come out in it

:)