Martin's Gordini TCE

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin_172

Reaction score
I wasnt gone long!! Got a good offer on the 172 so sold it and fancied another twingo TCE, this time went for a blue Gordini, never been a fan of the gordini but it was my best way to get a good spec and low miles so its an 11 plate with 20k miles, bluetooth, cruise control etc.

Tomorrow as soon as its home the wheels are going anthracite, sitting on the fence on the stripes but i recon they will be coming off too!

Plans are pretty simple, RS tuning remap with 182 injectors, coilovers and better brakes!

Pics to follow!

Hello again :p Glad to hear your back with another GT

Nice plans but no exhaust and intercooler?

Dubz":2h8cjrg3 said:
Hello again :p Glad to hear your back with another GT

Nice plans but no exhaust and intercooler?

im glad to be back! na im too old for loud exhausts these days! and intercooler is a pain to fit for little gain! if an off the shelf kit was available id consider one but cba custom fabricating something to fit!
singlespeed":2h8cjrg3 said:
Hello again Martin :)

Better brakes... clio big brake kit?
im not sure yet, id maby consider going down the 280mm RS route but probably just a set of mintex pads and brembo discs, braided lines and better fluid :)

Well you've chosen the best model... Gordini ;)

The dini GT alloys are marmite though I'd much prefer them one solid colour and not polished.

Oh and you haven't put pictures up yet! Is it a blue, black or white dini?

kk3y.jpg

yxja.jpg

7e44.jpg

ndht.jpg

74ki.jpg

That's a lovely gordini definitely the best model

Going down a lot better here than it is on cliosport but i expected that! Cheers guys im loving it.

Only thing i noticed though, no auto lights or auto wipers??!

Martin_172":1girppza said:
Going down a lot better here than it is on cliosport but i expected that! Cheers guys im loving it.

Does it have it on the windshield by the rear view mirror?

Auto wipers are 1 click down and the sensitivity is adjusted with a twisty but on the right stick.

Auto lights you need to switch between side lights on and off two times quite fast.

I'm sure someone can provide a more technical solution :lol:

Martin_172":37hwg8zc said:

Personally, I'd count that as a good point. I find Karens Twingo better to get on with, having an adjustable wiper interval for intermittent, compared to mine with the Auto rubbish.

Lights, no comment but I don't use it ;)

I know how to activate them ;)

Singlespeed i know what u mean its an odd hit or miss ive found auto wipers brilliant on some renaults and rubbish on others weird one! My gt's were good though, this just has a poverty spec rear view mirror stuck on windscreen possibly the bluetooth noncence gets in the way im not sure

when you got the 172, did you genuinely miss your gt and do you now prefer it over the older cliosports?

172s were brilliant back in 2004-2005 when I first started running them, now they are just utter money pits, don't get me wrong I loved the 172, but I poured £2500 into it in the 4 or 5 months that I had it and could easily have put another 5k into it!

TCE Twingos in standard form are no where near 172 levels of fun, but a map and a set of coilovers with decent rubber and your having just as much fun without the reliability issues!

Martin_172":3ir2jk40 said:

There are a lot of knuckle draggers on Cliosport tbh. :lol:

Back in the day.... ah well, the place isnt the same.
Still a lot of good, helpful people on there who really know their stuff, but a lot of sh!t kickers too.

Get alloys sorted, job a good un. :D
Interior is virtually dead same as my RS133 Gordini. Same seats etc.

Used to like them, get in mucky, and just wipe them over with the leather cleaner at the weekend. Not worrying about oil stains on cloth like now.

I thought that until i got in it and realised its actually only half leather in the tce, middle part is cloth :( only one negative point on the car is a fag burn on drivers seat so im looking at the leather gordini 133 interior on ebay at the moment hmmmmm!

Ah didnt realise centre was cloth.

Full leather ones are great.

My 172 had half leather, leather on the bolsters and alcantara in the middle.
It went bobbly on the drivers side, but I got it right back to perfect with a remington fuzz-away thing. Spot on.

Theres some 182 alloys on ebay too Martin.
Good luck with the interior!

If the alloys were 16" and just a standard colour I'd buy them off you! The style of them doesn't seem right in 15".
Yeah I though the seats in looked leather all other, hard to tell. Looks nice anyway mate out of all the twingos I have never seen a tce gordini on the road!

No plans to sell the alloys even if i get another set ill keep these for when im selling it. I recon coilovers and my 40mm spacers and it will pull the wheels off, oh and 195/50/15 tyres