Maxxis ZR9 Victra

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maggi200

Reaction score
Anyone heard of these or know any more?

I'm interested in a few track days and someone pointed me in the direction of these. Only available in 195/50/15's which is fine by me as I would be looking for some alternative alloys for track days anyways. They're much cheapness compared to r888's which I would love to try but tbh can't justify such a price, I only want to swap to save my daily tyres from excessive wear is all.

I realise cheap and good rarely go together but are they worth a punt? Certainly look sexy :lol:

i know maxxis make pretty much the best mountain bike tyres going!

iv seen some budget maxxis on cars but never seen any track tyres

if u are looking at track days and u have spare wheels then u could go slicks and u would b amazed at the diff but most places have extra safety requirements such as cages for full slicks so maybe not :?

toyo 888's are very common and good as long as u give them a proper heat cycle id go for the softs if u are just aiming at doing the day

if im tracking and have to use cut tyres then i use yoko a048 ;)

The Maxsports are a good motorsport tyre.
The ones you're looking at are an Intermediate tarmac tyre.

Good place to start, I wouldn't jump straight into Super Softs, they go off AWFULLY quickly on a warm track day. Softs are a very good compound.

If you know anyone in the motorsport industry that knows how to use a groove cutter, you can even get them cut out for wet use.

The only reason they are cheap in comparison to brand new Dunlop/BFG/Pirellis, is that they're remoulds.

TURBO":1c8omjom said:
i know maxxis make pretty much the best mountain bike tyres going!

iv seen some budget maxxis on cars but never seen any track tyres

Beat me to it I know there good on mountain bikes but that's all I know

Maxxis are used on the BDC competing Scooby/Nissan hybrid.

Plus it's one of the main sponsors, so can't be that bad...

maggi112":3aqjdpq0 said:
Maxisport rb5 which come in 215/45/17 which should fit 7j wheels alright albeit with a speedo reading out due to the additional sidewall height?

With 205/40/17 on cup alloys. On part lock, you can only just get a finger betreen the shoulder of the tyre and the rear of the wheel arch. 215/45 may rub :?