Melted steering wheel (like everyone)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotchiguy

Reaction score
So when I got my Twingo in spring the steering wheel really wasn't too bad however for one reason or another it ended up sitting outside in the full sun all summer unfortunately..and the steering wheel is now badly melted on the top and the side. Ideally I'd like to get it retrimmed, (maybe in alcantara or is this really expensive) and looking for a few recommendations, have any of you guys already had this done? I know a few got replacements under warrenty.

gotchiguy":16nukptp said:
So when I got my Twingo in spring the steering wheel really wasn't too bad however for one reason or another it ended up sitting outside in the full sun all summer unfortunately..and the steering wheel is now badly melted on the top and the side. Ideally I'd like to get it retrimmed, (maybe in alcantara or is this really expensive) and looking for a few recommendations, have any of you guys already had this done? I know a few got replacements under warrenty.

there is a guy on cliosport.net 'snappy' who retrims endless amounts of clio steering wheels. does a really good job. also, this company do an equally fantastic job. i'd recommend them if you aren't a member on cliosport

https://royalsteeringwheels.com/

i have seem some of royal steering wheels work and it is very nice.

mine melted as well but was still in warranty so haven't had to retrim yet.

aslong as you have warenty keep on getting a new one from renault , if warenty ends get it retrimmed , every year i killed my steering wheel the perforated leather was peeling off ( got 2 new ones from renault)

GhostZ":2vfvdk1z said:
aslong as you have warenty keep on getting a new one from renault , if warenty ends get it retrimmed , every year i killed my steering wheel the perforated leather was peeling off ( got 2 new ones from renault)

you must have very hot hands :p

Or greasy hands. I always cleaned my wheel with apc to get rid of any grease (hate shiney leather) and I never had issue with mine. And it was often left in the sun

Yeah mines 09 so definitely no warrenty :/ I'm not a member on cliosport so I guess I'll contact royal steering wheels then :)

I emailed "royalsteeringwheels" and i got quoted 110 for leather and 135 for alcantara. And you choose what colour thread and everything. Defenatly on my x-mas list.