My New Wheels !

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, The clip fits perfectly into rim 15 "

I now tires Michelin Pilot Exalto 2, and when the rains cease amount Toyo R888

Rovico":2ugv47k3 said:
Hi, The clip fits perfectly into rim 15 "

I now tires Michelin Pilot Exalto 2, and when the rains cease amount Toyo R888
oh sounds really good!!!

i'm thinking to do this work on my twingo too, but i will choose oz ultralleggera!! they weight only 4.99kg each!!!

FaBiO 180":17n1fizp said:
i'm thinking to do this work on my twingo too, but i will choose oz ultralleggera!! they weight only 4.99kg each!!!

I suggest looking at the same size in Team Dynamic Racing wheels.
In my experiance, I've found the TDR Pro-Race 1.2s are lighter than then OZ Ultraleggera in the same size. I had a set of each in 16s for one of my old cars and prefered the Team Dynamics.

Not to mention the fact that TDs are cheaper then OZs..

Just food for thought.

M

madmatt":3e5cvagm said:
FaBiO 180":3e5cvagm said:

I suggest looking at the same size in Team Dynamic Racing wheels.
In my experiance, I've found the TDR Pro-Race 1.2s are lighter than then OZ Ultraleggera in the same size. I had a set of each in 16s for one of my old cars and prefered the Team Dynamics.

Not to mention the fact that TDs are cheaper then OZs..

Just food for thought.

M
team dinamics!! i knw that brand, but in italy isn't very commercial.... but i think it is very strange that they're lower than the ultralleggera!! are you sure???

FaBiO 180":2lruxg38 said:
team dinamics!! i knw that brand, but in italy isn't very commercial.... but i think it is very strange that they're lower than the ultralleggera!! are you sure???

From what I remember Fabio, there might not be much weight difference in them, but the Pro Race 1.2s definitely felt lighter. I'm glad I didn't shell out to buy OZs at full cost.

From KTec:
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2
Renault 4 Stud

15" x 7 - 6.9kg
16" x 7 - 7.4kg
17" x 7 - 7.9kg (to Compare - Speedline Turini in same size 8.7kg)

EDIT: Now that I've reasearched, I have some facts and figures that would make sense.

OZ Racing Ultraleggera
Undisclosed Fitment - Website States "The weights that are indicated on the table are subject to variation (it depends upon the selected application). 2% variations in weight are possible."

15" x 7 - 5.0kg
16" x 7 - 6.5kg
17" x 7 - 6.9kg

So...In conclusion, the weight difference I felt would have been the difference in tyre fitment, I do still (however) feel that Team Dynamic Racing Wheels are better value for money =P

M

Is the pcd etc correct or did you need assorted to make them fit?

madmatt":1ltpobw3 said:
FaBiO 180":1ltpobw3 said:

From what I remember Fabio, there might not be much weight difference in them, but the Pro Race 1.2s definitely felt lighter. I'm glad I didn't shell out to buy OZs at full cost.

From KTec:
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2
Renault 4 Stud

15" x 7 - 6.9kg
16" x 7 - 7.4kg
17" x 7 - 7.9kg (to Compare - Speedline Turini in same size 8.7kg)

EDIT: Now that I've reasearched, I have some facts and figures that would make sense.

OZ Racing Ultraleggera
Undisclosed Fitment - Website States "The weights that are indicated on the table are subject to variation (it depends upon the selected application). 2% variations in weight are possible."

15" x 7 - 5.0kg
16" x 7 - 6.5kg
17" x 7 - 6.9kg

So...In conclusion, the weight difference I felt would have been the difference in tyre fitment, I do still (however) feel that Team Dynamic Racing Wheels are better value for money =P

M
i agree with you!!! but in italy OZ cost less than in england i think, and i'm italian!!!
so i'll buy oz, and you'll buy team dynamics!! :lol: :lol:

I like 'em mate!

Looks more purposeful, like a little rally car even with the bigger profile tyres. You don't see WRC cars on really low profile tyres, also the stance isn't too bad either.

The Cup rims are designed to look nice as much as anything, would imagine these would give as good performance but with a bit less weight.

Alex_225":sqqg2fjr said:
You don't see WRC cars on really low profile tyres, also the stance isn't too bad either.
You don't watch much WRC then? They run low profile tyres in Corsica and Germany because they're Tarmac events.

Mr_Ben":hqopaefi said:
Alex_225":hqopaefi said:
You don't see WRC cars on really low profile tyres, also the stance isn't too bad either.
You don't watch much WRC then? They run low profile tyres in Corsica and Germany because they're Tarmac events.

That's the benefit of a heavier car (WRC/ Touring), being able to cope better with a large unsprung mass on relatively smooth roads or tracks. As money is no object and function comes over looks, they will also be the lightest wheel/tyre combination avaliable whilst still taking the required forces.

Why do single seaters, including F1 and the likes of caterham/westfields run 13's when they could easily have 15+ with low profile?

There was/is a westfield with 17's and it handles fine in a straight line on a smooth road :lol:

Hey I'm not arguing that point, just purely pointing out WRC cars do run low profile tyres.

learnt that heavier larger wheels were better for off the line start like a drag event and smaller lighter wheels carried speed better in corners on the track :)

WTF it logged me out and still posted?!?!??!?

Please delete this ta

I get the whole centrifugal weight thing in regards to lighter wheels but don't quite get heavier for drag racing, surely you want less weight moved off the line? Or is it that the weight aids initial traction and then the 'heavier' wheel has built up kinetic energy and provides more momentum further down the track......?

it used to be that heavier wheels helped with launching as the weight helped keep the car and power planted, also if they were racing and had to meet a certain weight they would what that weight to b as low as poss.
but with all the modern tech think alot of people are using lighter wheels now (and taking a weight pen or ballast) but the tyres normally still weigh a ton!

think the wheels look good mate :mrgreen: