My past motors

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Well, as you'll see I'm a bit of a Renault fan although have slipped into the VW camp on one ocassion. So here's my cars from the year 2000 when I got my first car to 2010.

Excuse the photo of a photo, this was my 1993 Clio Oasis 1.2. Picked this up in early 2000 and loved it. Was only a 4 speed but ended up with TSW Alpine 15" wheels and a load of Pioneer ICE. Did 20k in it and had no problems at all.

MyClioOasis.jpg

Then in about August 2001 I bought my second car, a 2001 Clio 1.2 Grande.

MyClioNo21.jpg

In 2003 when I hit 21 I managed to get a reasonable insurance quote on one of these so bought this, a 2003 RenaultSport Clio 172. Made a few modifications too it, most noticeably the 17" Wolfrace Octane alloys. Probably wouldn't do the same things now but I was young and naive! haha

3.jpg

Interior_2.jpg

Interior_3.jpg

Please excuse the rear lights, at the time they didn't quite have the reputation they do now. Also the silver at least goes with a silver car. :oops:

2.jpg

In 2005 I sold the Clio 172 and ordered my Megane 225 which I got in early 2006. Mid way through 2006 with the prospect of moving into my own place I decided on a daily run about. Even though the Megane isn't the worlds most expensive or desirable car, it is orange and leaving an orange car in a car park isn't a great idea. Let alone a train station car park all day.

First up was a 1995 Renault 5 1.4. Absolutely loved this car, it was simple, fun and mint!! Shame some muppet rear ended it.

Resize2.jpg

Resize1.jpg

Replaced that with a 1992 Clio RT 1.4, for £600 with electric windows, central locking and a sun roof you can't go wrong. Obviously swapped the alloys over from the 5. Also managed to pick up a PowerFlow back box for £25 as the original was knackered.

RTagain2.jpg

ClioRTInside1.jpg

And the last one, prior to my Gordini is this. It's a 2002 VW Lupo Sport, which was partly modified when I bought it. It had KW Coilovers, a Raceland manifold and Powerflow cat back exhaust. It had 14" VW Castelet alloys which I had powder coated gloss black with a polished lip. I also had the roof repainted gloss black and other dinks and marks repaired.

IMG_8357.jpg

CarPark4.jpg

CarPark2.jpg

LupoRR2.jpg

Made a healthy 117bhp on the rollers, not bad for a normally aspirated 1.4 16v.

And these are the two I'm left with now.

MegGordini1.jpg

Cheers fella, I've loved all of my cars and I still love Renaults.

My Lupo was great, it was fun, quick and full of character but it needed to be modified to be how I liked it. The Twingo does all of those things but is quicker and looks great as standard.

sdr89":6wgutqrx said:
love the look off the lupo but got to love the Gordini

The Lupo was superb fun, weighing the same as a Twingo it was a surprisingly quick little car. Not hugely fast but could surprise some bigger cars. Only thing is that to look good, Lupos need to be low. Trouble was that it was low which meant every bump broke your spine and speed bumps were out of the equation. :?

Funny thing is the Twingo RS ticks all the same boxes as the Lupo. Looks good, handles brilliantly, has character, cheap to run but it's practical, new and isn't impractical. Win, win! :D

TURBO":6wgutqrx said:
i love the campus :D that looks mint :cool:

It really was mint mate, inside and out. It had done 80k but had clearly been looked after all it's life as it had very little wear and tear. I'd still have it if some tit hadn't driven up the back of it in a Nissan Navara pick up. :evil: :evil: