My RS133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oVerboost

Reaction score
I'd liked the RS133 since they first came out, I work for Renault and got to drive a fair few when they arrived at the dealership for prep etc. I tend not to buy new cars, so thought I would wait a few years and get one down the line, which ultimately is what I did. Having had a lot of performance cars over the years circumstances changed and it meant that I was on the lookout for something fun, cheap to run that was newer than my last few cars (imported MR2, Corrado G60 that I rebuilt, mk3 golf on air ride and a couple of mk2 golfs)...

Saw this advertised a couple of hours away and it ticked all the boxes, I wanted one in silver, which was full fat but had the cup kit fitted. The only issue being was that it had no MOT as the car hadn't been used for a while. I test drove the car and had a good look around it, and it seemed all okay so a deal was struck and I returned with my Twingo RS.

Had work MOT the car, and as luck would have it... it failed :( But only on a front coil spring that had snapped. So instead of replacing it with the standard spring, I ordered a set of H&R lowering springs and fitted them. For anyone considering these springs, I would highly recommend them! The handling is brilliant and certainly a step up from the standard setup (albeit with a broken spring lol).

The car had been sat on a driveway with very little use over the past year or so, and although it was straight and in good condition it was in desperate need of a good detailing session! So after work today I spent the whole evening making it nice again, and after what felt like an eternity I am more than happy with the results. I've including some pictures of the car with the Auto Finesse Iron Out doing it's thing, to give an indication of how much crap was actually on the surface of the car. I then rinsed, snow foamed, clay bared, re washed, dried, polished and waxed.

Future plans include some engine work, it's already got a KTEC panel filter fitted and the airbox mod carried out by a previous owner, I've fitted the H&R springs and the plan is to do a few track days and some b-road blasts and just enjoy it really... I'll update this thread as time goes on but for now, here's some pictures...

twingo2_zpspqeacfxl.jpg

twingo3_zpsrkr9giet.jpg

twingo1_zpsjovmfjga.jpg

twingoiron3_zps3jghmhzh.jpg

twingoiron2_zps2xfosskf.jpg

twingoiron_zpsuifeso9l.jpg

Just won these on ebay, so will be getting them painted by a friend with his own bodyshop in the same anthracite as the factory wheels/spoiler/trim etc. 

16x7 ET38 and will be getting new 195/45/16 rubber to go on too. Well happy with that price!!! 

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-25%20at%2020.31.58_zpsi5d4b6ys.png

True to his word, my friend got the wheels painted and back to me this evening, the new tyres arrived as well so tomorrow I'll get them on in work and fitted to the car and do some photos (weather permitting, although it's not looking promising).

I also got two badge covers and had them painted in the same anthracite grey (factory Twingo RS wheel / spoiler / mirrors / front fog surround colour).

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-02%20at%2022.31.24_zps0l3bavmf.png

9c3cbb8e-b43f-4f5b-b90b-2daf504e2557_zpsq8jjdr31.png

Do the badge things fit over the existing badge or do they replace? Also where did you get them? I want to do mine in black but the vinyl option didn't fit that well and I gave up in the end.

I bought them on ebay bud, they go over the top of the original badges and come with self adhesive strips already attached. I simply had my friend paint them at the same time as he was doing the wheels... They come black as standard.

Item number is 281102737829

£19.99 delivered for the pair - bargain! :)

SnoodyMcFlude":18nn54iz said:
Cheers, got a pair on the way.

Sweet! I haven't put mine on yet, been far too wet although I have managed to get the tyres on the wheels, and the wheels on the car :)

Thanks Jamie, I didn't want it any lower really as I still want to drive it how it was intended ;) So agreed, I think the ride height on the H&R springs with the 16" wheels is a good setup for appearance and function.

Well it was my birthday at the weekend and I had some money given to me, so put it towards a new steering wheel and boss kit... Looking forward to getting it fitted once it arrives!

330mm in suede (Renault Sport high quality replica wheel - notice the correct centre so no hole for horn push).

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-19%20at%2012.14.03_zps3tfq23cv.png

Do you have a link or item number (if from eBay) of the boss kit you got for your twingo? Car looks really nice, always liked them in silver

It arrived yesterday Removed the standard steering wheel, fitted the resistor for the airbag light to turn on/off as it should etc and fitted the new boss kit (clio 2 boss kit was what I used as they're a lot cheaper than the "twingo" specific ones which are identical from what I can make out) and removed the redundant stalk stereo control unit at the same time (no longer in use as aftermarket stereo fitted).

Anyway, much much better than the bus wheel that came as standard and will help no end on track I'm sure...

steering_zpsvrqnjwpe.jpg