My RS133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small update! Private plate fitted, rear wiper delete fitted, did an oil and filter change on it and also had the software updated on the ECU to remove the common flat spots and rough idling issue from cold - why this wasn't an actual recall I've no idea, but the car drives so much better now! Also gave it a clean and took it out to do some photos (of course)...

twingorubbish4_zpszckysbmt.jpg

twingorubbish3_zpssdo2fi04.jpg

twingosidefront2_zps5x2ijne4.jpg

twingofrontside_zps8qb3rszb.jpg

rubbishtwingo_zps1kitq9xp.jpg

watertwingo2_zps1hxvmpyx.jpg

Spent the day detailing the car as I'm going to a local show tomorrow, took some decent pictures on the DSLR to show off the new front end look after I painted the number plate plinth etc satin black and re-painted the lower bumper lip.... :)

twingoprep1_zpsfiwls8is.jpg

Just read your earlier post about the ecu update, how did you get it done just take it to dealers, did they charge you at all.

I actually work at a Renault dealer, and spoke to the master tech to do some investigating for me...

That's when he found the cure, here are the screen shots:
Screen%20Shot%202016-10-13%20at%2017.37.15_zpsgpwnnoiy.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-13%20at%2017.37.00_zpsbx0mexly.png

The car has been in daily use since, and it is a million times better than it was before. No jerkiness when cold, no kangarooing, smoother acceleration, better throttle response, steady and smooth idle when cold and when hot too.

Very interesting if there's a good difference when done think I'll take mine in & ask about it. Was there not a recall then about this.

No recall, it was only for people who raised the issue... And it seems not many did, or their dealers chose not to bother doing this. But its certainly improved mine! :)

Hi i no this is an old thread I was wondering if someone could help me I have an aftermarket steerwheel and want to change it on my twingo I no I need an airbag resistor to stop airbag light coming on does any1 no where to get 1

Hi, you have no problems with the et38 calls?
when riding passengers does not rub behind?
I'm thinking of changing wheels and I do not know if riding et40.