Mystery misfire!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BWITWWW

Reaction score
I bought a nice twingo 1.2 8 valve as a winter run about as I have a 21 Z4 30i
You can imagine what that will be like in the snow !
It showed a generic miss fire code and was very lumpy until warmed up then ran fine.
I changed MAP sensor
Coolant sensor
Still the same
I then bit the bullet took off the inlet manifold cleaned the injectors, they were ok and produced identical spray pattern
THEN I adjusted tappets
They were all tight
Compression test prior to adjusting 150 -162
Subsequent to adjusting 225psi
Runs like a dream now
I hope this helps someone
Happy new year

After heavy rain I have electrical fault light and car has gone into limp mode I am slowly working through different things trying to find the problem and help or advice would be great

cheers

I bought a nice twingo 1.2 8 valve as a winter run about as I have a 21 Z4 30i
You can imagine what that will be like in the snow !
It showed a generic miss fire code and was very lumpy until warmed up then ran fine.
I changed MAP sensor
Coolant sensor
Still the same
I then bit the bullet took off the inlet manifold cleaned the injectors, they were ok and produced identical spray pattern
THEN I adjusted tappets
They were all tight
Compression test prior to adjusting 150 -162
Subsequent to adjusting 225psi
Runs like a dream now
I hope this helps someone
Happy new year
How and what did you use to clean the injectors

After heavy rain I have electrical fault light and car has gone into limp mode I am slowly working through different things trying to find the problem and help or advice would be great

cheers
Have a look at the rear of the engine
There is a wiring loom that may burn on the exhaust manifold if loose , this in turn could earth intermittently thro the manifold causing problems with the coil.
I went thro two cracked (yes cracked) coil bodies . Looks like the coil was getting very hot, but the engine still ran , albeit badly.

Have a look at the rear of the engine
There is a wiring loom that may burn on the exhaust manifold if loose , this in turn could earth intermittently thro the manifold causing problems with the coil.
I went thro two cracked (yes cracked) coil bodies . Looks like the coil was getting very hot, but the engine still ran , albeit badly.
Cheers will try

Carb cleaner
Easy to remove when the manifold is off
Connect a 12v battery to the 2 injector terminals and cycle on and off whilst spray can pressurises the injector inlet
Observe the spray pattern on each of the 4 injectors .
Many thanks will try