New 133 Cup owner Scotland

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Typ19

Reaction score
Hi all

Went and bought a 133 Cup recently. Love how tiny the car is (last car was a Spec B wagon) , and didnt expect its looks to grow on me quite so rapidly. Its such a fun car that makes other drivers smile when you push it on, it would also shame my old ep3 on nice roads for handling and overall feel. Mine is lowered with a cat back stainless exhaust, which looks nice but both of which I dislike personally (old git). The car itself is fantastic so I suspect these will be for sale at some point. I really don't think lowering the car will have helped the handling at all and suspect I will soon be seeking out standard cup springs... It corners mega flat but to me is too bumpy to be compliant enough on anything but perfect roads. The exhaust isn't insanely loud, but definitely OTT for me, 70mph is a drone sound (not sure what brand it is) . I expect with the lack of sound deadening that a standard one will be loud as well, but not anywhere near as much. With that in mind, my first two questions.

Cheapest source for cup springs?

Best option and price for an OEM as possible exhaust?

The forum looks great, hopefully I am not in here too often with problems. This car is a real stab in the dark for me, I know very little about Renaults overall so had to put in the research prior to buying. I am more used to older VW's
and Japanese cars so please allow me some possibly silly questions while I learn.

Few issues to fix already which hopefully doesn't become a trend. Anyways, Hi everyone.

Hi and welcome. Its pretty quiet on this forum, your questions might be better asked onClio197.net. My son runs a 133, a very underrated car, and I run a Meglio, and live up near Thurso. I have quite a bit of knowledge on the Meglio conversions, not so much on the Twingo, but ask anyway.

OptimizAcces for RS parts, it's all french but it's quite cheap and they have it all
cheers