Not feeling the rs anymore :(

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gareth-133

Reaction score
Recently i have been going off my car, im at university in london and travel back home at the weekends which is costing me £40 quid a week alone on that drive!
What im looking for i a cheap to run fast car that isnt too much of a step down from the rs, iv been looking at cars such as corsa sri 1.7 diesel, punto 1.9 diesel, civic s 2.2 diesel, all these are nippy cars to start without a remap which i would do to bring these cars to 180bhp.

Any help or recomendations would be great,

thanks gazz.

If you take it easy in the RS you should see a decent return from the Twingo.

You should see 45mpg on a long run and 35mpg if you don't have a heavy right foot round town.

For the extra cost of the diesel fuel itself, are you going to save yourself that much? I know diesels are very appealing because they give you 45mpg at all times but they generally pay you back if you're doing 15,000 miles+ per year.

The Twingo, for what it is, is an extremely cheap car to own to be fair.

Also a diesel will only pay you back if all your trips are long distance

also if u get a diesel and then map it your fuel eco will drop.
so then the extra cost of the diesel will make it just as dear to run

the remaps today actually still boost the mpg between 1-4mpg aswell as all the extra torque. well my car makes an average of 33mpg, on a long motorway journey. Im also tempted by these diesel cars as they are so much faster, im already bored of the power despite the go kart like though the twisties.

only thing with the gt, and fvrs is the high insurance group other wise they would be first on my list as well as my mums 1 series.

iv worked out id be saving around 800 quid a year on fuel and tax, is it worth it people????

gazz.

even with some modern petrol engines you will still see a small increase with the mpg if you dont suck every nit of power out of the engine.