Odd noise at 5-6000rpm

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weebob

Reaction score
Hello,

Wasn't sure which section to put this as im unsure if the noise is coming from the engine itself or something behind the dash.

Kind of sounds like a playing card attached to a bike (flapping against the spokes) if you know what I mean, like a "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" noise like something is flapping out, only does it at 5000 rpm till about 6000 rpm.

Intailly I thought it was something to air intake, it all looks plumbed together properly, Is it worth checking there is something rattling around in the air box?

Cheers

Not a bad shout with the airbox but something else to check will be the undertray and associated parts (ie, the small splitter-type parts in front of the wheels under the bumper). Have had a few bits break on mine due to reversing off high kerbs etc and they've been flapping/dragging.

Matt":3gup1qqy said:
Not a bad shout with the airbox but something else to check will be the undertray and associated parts (ie, the small splitter-type parts in front of the wheels under the bumper). Have had a few bits break on mine due to reversing off high kerbs etc and they've been flapping/dragging.

I shall have a gander

After I got my car back from the Service, Arnold Clark put inspection tags on the Driveshafts that bug the shite outta me!
Might be worth checking that too!
M

Doesn't seem to be anything underneath thats lose. It only does it when you hit a certain rev range, speed doesnt really matter or which gear im in at the time.

still to check the airbox