Owains RS 133 full fat Cup

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
696341d8b1895deee039a2fbe7c5ed90.jpg

Pretty sure I passed you couple of weeks ago in Llantrisant. How much did you pay to get the reg recess wrapped?

I've had it done twice, i puckered the first one pulling number plate sticky pads off it oops [emoji4]. I think it was £25-£30, at Cardiff Tints he does tidy work. The second time I had it done in Newport at South Wales Auto Wrap, he done my door pillars and redone the recess, he said if I scraped the old OEM door pillar vinyl off that had split and cracked he would do the lot for £30, so he gave me his heat gun and I cleaned it off, I'd recommend both places.

2b573383de3c8b9231bf1004d688d0a2.jpg

️Xcarlink iPod and Bluetooth interface, Fitted today, easy but a bit fiddly threading the cable to the back of the stereo (it's a very small car to work in), it looks neat works great, allows my iPod stored away in the glove box to be charged and operated through the steering stalk controls (does not display the name of tracks), it links to my iPhone with a Bluetooth connection allowing hands free calling, it cuts the music when a call comes through the car speakers all in all a very good purchase while keeping the OEM look of my car. Even with an after market Bluetooth stereo I would need my iPod attached the front of it with a cable. So the Xcarlink works much better for me [emoji4]

Loving the mods mate. Looking good. What sort of ride hight did you go for on your coilovers? And do you have any rubbing issues with your wheels?

Cheers buddy .
I think the front is lowered by about 60mm. On the rear I've got the 12mm spacer, you could easily get away with the 6mm though. I've got 17 40 195 so the profile is lower than the 17 40 205 I think you would rub more with the 205 as the tyre will be higher in profile.
only slight rubbing on full lock on the fronts, so hardly ever really and it's only on the arch lining. I've only scraped the sump guard going over 2 speed bumps because they are pretty high and the track of the car is wide enough to go either side of them. Driving wise If you have a cup chassis you should be used to crawling over speed bumps anyway so it shouldn't make much difference to you.

Ahhh right cheers for the heads up. I am on 205's but looking maybe to go to something like 16 inch rota grids so I've got more room to work with. And yeah I have the cup chassis so know what you mean about crawling over speed bumps. Would love a set of those BC coilovers though.

New HD snowfoam lance and Magifoam from Auto Bright the lance looks and feels very good quality.

5991ec7526280e2330544e65fc987eca.jpg

Been tempted to get that lance and foam and looks good from your pics.

Yeah it was good fun using it, done what I expected. I think a lot of ppl expect too much from foam, it's designed to release and lift off particles of dirt you still need to hand wash, well if the car is dirty you do.