Petrol? V-Power or not?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

133_Ads

Reaction score
What do you use? i'm picking the Twingo up tonight and i am not sure whether to use V-Power or not? is there any added benefits for the extra price?

Works out cheaper in the long run to run with the super stuff (Only V-Power and Tesco Momentum 99 though).

Better performance, better MPG and better for your car engine.

I use Tesco Momentum 99 as its only 5p per litre more expensive than the normal stuff.

N0ddie":2nvr3bee said:
Works out cheaper in the long run to run with the super stuff (Only V-Power and Tesco Momentum 99 though).

I use Tesco Momentum 99 as its only 5p per litre more expensive than the normal stuff.

Thanks! used it before on other cars but never really seen a difference.

I use BP ultimate now and won't look back, it's the first time my car hit 300 miles when using it so speaks volumes!

So heres a question shell v-power or bp ultimate...

N0ddie":102ggqai said:

In one of those Ford magazines the Tesco proved hardly any better then normal premium fuel. Octane number doesn't tell all. The BP Ultimate came out best. Ok to be honest it only is needed or give big gains on big turbo'd or high compression engines! But the gain on this big turbo Ford was over 40 bhp!

There's a couple of videos on YouTube that do a comparison between the fuels. Momentum had much better results with their cars on the rolling road

I'm wondering, we got some experimental fuel here at work, called Artic Fuel, octane of 200. Wonder what would happen if I'd put that in my car..

I know I asked this question over on the RS forums when I first got my 133, and opinion was definitely split. Several people (including Al IIRC) said that they used normal 95 ron as they had tried the momentum/v-power/ultimate etc and not noticed any difference (even on track), but some who swore by using the higher octane, even some saying their engine felt rough if they didn't.

@DrDrew thats why i asked the question, i didn't want to put octane 95 in and have the engine run rough, it'll be V-Power or Ultimate all the way :D

tbh I've run mine mainly on 95, as I know many others have, and I've never had the engine feel in any way rough. I definitely wouldn't suggest that your engine will feel rough if you don't run on vpower.

Mine's always feel nice and revvy on 95, including some pretty high average mpg figures going by what has commonly been stated on here. The fuel in the UK is much better than in many other countries where the 133 is sold as a standard, so 95 ron as recommended by renault should be fine.

Oh, I'll try it with high octane first and then next tank will be normal, see if i feel any difference :)

As a note I remember reading somewhere that it can take a couple of tanks worth for your engine to adapt to the different fuel

MovingShadow":zvt1nmcq said:
I'm wondering, we got some experimental fuel here at work, called Artic Fuel, octane of 200. Wonder what would happen if I'd put that in my car..

your cars turbo will grow bigger and it will spit out fire blasting past BMW M3's at 200mph all the time.... good advertisement ?

GhostZ":3clbfn24 said:
MovingShadow":3clbfn24 said:

your cars turbo will grow bigger and it will spit out fire blasting past BMW M3's at 200mph all the time.... good advertisement ?
My exhaust will do this?

785972_f520.jpg

MovingShadow":2pz6gtae said:
GhostZ":2pz6gtae said:
MovingShadow":2pz6gtae said:

My exhaust will do this?

785972_f520.jpg

exactly that :mrgreen: